Solved

IHD not connecting anymore

• 17 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi. My Chameleon Technology IHD3-PPMID / CA30101 stopped connecting 10 days ago. Says at start screen IHD3-PPMID 8.1. Worked fine since we moved home in July. I’ve sought help online, tried turning off, waiting minute etc, and moved it within one meter of the meters. Still no connection. Says “Connection lost” and keeps cycling through, presumably trying to connect. I don’t have smart phone so can’t download WattBot app. Chameleon website ideas haven’t worked either and they say then to contact supplier.

Please advise as to what I should do? Thanks. Steve

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 17 November 2020, 12:29

Hi

You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

here's a link for you to have a look at.:

https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/ihd-isn-t-working-10331

Extract: 

If your IHD isn't working as it should, in your account go to ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’, and type the words 'IHD problem'. WattBot will take a bit more info from you and then pass this on to our Member Services team to investigate.

They’ll contact you by email to let you know what they’ve done to get your IHD back working as it should.

View original

5 replies

Hi. My Chameleon Technology IHD3-PPMID / CA30101 stopped connecting 10 days ago. Says at start screen IHD3-PPMID 8.1. Worked fine since we moved home in July. I’ve sought help online, tried turning off, waiting minute etc, and moved it within one meter of the meters. Still no connection. Says “Connection lost” and keeps cycling through, presumably trying to connect. I don’t have smart phone so can’t download WattBot app. Chameleon website ideas haven’t worked either and they say then to contact supplier.

Please advise as to what I should do? Thanks. Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

here's a link for you to have a look at.:

https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/ihd-isn-t-working-10331

Extract: 

If your IHD isn't working as it should, in your account go to ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’, and type the words 'IHD problem'. WattBot will take a bit more info from you and then pass this on to our Member Services team to investigate.

They’ll contact you by email to let you know what they’ve done to get your IHD back working as it should.

Thanks. I’ve been to the Help and Support page in my account, scroll down and I see headings “Our support is 100% digital” then “Ask our community” then “Chat to Wattbot” etc. I can’t see anywhere to “Ask a Question” and the Wattbot bit wants me to download an app - and I don’t have a smart phone. Am I missing something? Thanks for your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

These are the screens in the app. 

Are you using the Internet web page? Are you signed in on the Web page?

I do now! Thanks very much.

Didn’t know I needed to click the ellipsis (or whatever it is called) on the top right of screen. It gives me the next bits as stated.

Thanks very much. Will ask question to hopefully resolve.

Steve