Solved

I have been waiting for over 2 years for a smart meter. Is this normal or has my request been lost? How can I find out what, if anything, is happening?ect

• 20 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I have been waiting for over 2 years for a smart meter. Is this normal or has my request been forgotten? How can I find out whether Pure Planet still intend to install a smart meter for me?

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 20 July 2021, 16:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you log in, click 'help' at the bottom, then click 'Ask a question', Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq,  if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

You can then type in your message (and any photos, if necessary.)

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team'

please note it’s not a live-chat and it’ll be 2 or 3 working days before they’re able to reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Totally agree, wattbott is your best bet as people on the forum do not details. I hope it’s resolved for you soon. 

Hi @LesA 

Is this normal or has my request been forgotten?

Under normal circumstances I would say, no it’s not ‘normal’ however the lockdowns caused by the CoVid Pandemic are not ‘normal circumstances,’ Pure Planet discussed some of the issues caused by lockdowns here:

Smart meters with Pure Planet during Covid-19 lockdown restrictions | Community

Has your request been forgotten? I doubt it, but Magnum, Pure Planet’s installers, are working to install where they have engineers available, which is not the same thing as ‘first come, first served.’
Then there are number of issues which could delay things further, some of which are discussed here:
Can I have a smart meter? | Community (purepla.net)

How can I find out whether Pure Planet still intend to install a smart meter for me?
In theory at least, they have to install one eventually unless you refuse it - it’s part of OFGEM’s requirements, you could try asking WattBot, who may need to pass the message to Member Services.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy