Solved

I don't have a smart meter but the app says I do?

• 23 February 2021
  • 1 reply

As title describes. Went to submit my meter reading and the app said I didn't have to because the system shows I have a smart meter. Only problem is I don't have. I've lived in the property for just over a year and there wasn't a smart meter here when we moved in but I guess previous owners may have had one and just not left it behind 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Anyway, will this have an impact if I just submit monthly meter readings? Can I still get a smart meter now or will the system think I don't need 1 because I've already got?

Also asking here because I can't seem to find anywhere else to ask. Wattbot just kept telling me I have a smart meter and going around in circles. 

icon

Best answer by woz 23 February 2021, 12:21

hi @MrsSH 

a bit of confusion here, the words Smart Meter refer to what’s attached to the wall, to your supplies NOT to the in home display (IHD)which is what you mean, so you may well have a smart meter but you don’t have an in home display. If in doubt tell us what it says on the front of your actual meter.

You take readings from the meters on the wall not from the IHD.

If you don’t have an IHD, you can ask PP for one, they may or may not provide, I don’t know. Use help and support >ask a q. to ask.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @MrsSH 

a bit of confusion here, the words Smart Meter refer to what’s attached to the wall, to your supplies NOT to the in home display (IHD)which is what you mean, so you may well have a smart meter but you don’t have an in home display. If in doubt tell us what it says on the front of your actual meter.

You take readings from the meters on the wall not from the IHD.

If you don’t have an IHD, you can ask PP for one, they may or may not provide, I don’t know. Use help and support >ask a q. to ask.