Solved

How to get my smart meter

• 22 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I'm a vulnerable adult and wondered how to go about getting a smart meter  so I don't have to struggle getting meter readings? I have a sse one at the moment  and from my understanding these are no good because they are version 1 of something.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 23 September 2020, 13:13

Hey @chrisdifer 

It sounds like you may have an older “first-generation” smart meter - they’re due to be upgraded to the more recent “second-generation” network this year, which means we’d get your smart readings again :relaxed:

There’s more info on when that work is being carried out here.

In the meantime, you may want to sign up to our Priority Services Register? If you struggle to take your readings, you can let us know you’d like your meters read every few months instead. Info on how to sign up to that is here :thumbsup: .

View original

3 replies

Hey @chrisdifer 

It sounds like you may have an older “first-generation” smart meter - they’re due to be upgraded to the more recent “second-generation” network this year, which means we’d get your smart readings again :relaxed:

There’s more info on when that work is being carried out here.

In the meantime, you may want to sign up to our Priority Services Register? If you struggle to take your readings, you can let us know you’d like your meters read every few months instead. Info on how to sign up to that is here :thumbsup: .

I have signed up to this I was just getting worried as I keep getting asked for a reading by app. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @chrisdifer you’ve made a good point here, I shall post a suggestion in  feedback about this.

https://community.purepla.net/testing-and-feedback-23/request-for-meter-readings-should-be-stopped-or-see-below-for-customers-who-are-unable-to-read-their-meters-11086