Solved

Got a new meter. Now app doesn't like readings I send

• 11 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I got a new meter at my house. Your app doesn’t like it…..

So despite trying to find a human I’m bouncing around Q&A forums when one simple call would have sorted this. 

my first reading on old gas meter went into you fine no problem .

then British Gas rocked up and gave me a new meter,

I logged in to my pure planet account to update it. Didn’t like new zero readings,

waited till next reading date ; app didn’t like new reading as obviously it’s a lot lower than the last meter, 

now I get a message saying we are putting statements in hold - possibly 15 wks! So does this mean I get one huge bill? 
can I suggest an easier way to please contact a HUMAN. I ‘was’ happy with this account but the second there’s an issue trying to get someone is a farce. 

icon

Best answer by Duppy 11 November 2020, 14:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Kerrywerrywoo 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! Lots of people here who would be pleased to help you get this sorted.

Have a look at this thread, then see below for how to contact Pure Planet. They don't make any secret about not having a call centre and offering digital only customer service…

Hope you can get it sorted quickly

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Kerrywerrywoo 

Are you sure it was British Gas that fitted your new meter, is it a smart meter?

The app would not accept the zero reading because it does not know that the meter gas been changed, it can take some time for the new meter details to filter through to PP.

Your best course of action is to contact PP via Wattbot in the help and support section as detailed above, take photos of your new meter(s) and in the ask a question box, type message the team, inform them that the meter gas been changed and the date it was fitted and then attach the photos of the meter. This will help them to update your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Kerrywerrywoo 

hi kerrywerrywoowoowooo

a bew neter,  well it could have been worse it may have been a  mew beater:scream_cat:
well whatever it is I hope it’s OK...

more to the point why did BG change your meter if you were with Pure Planet? Had you arranged to have the meter changed before you switched to PP?

As advised the new meter will start from zero.

Go to help and support in app and send a photo showing the serial. You won’t be hit with a big bill because your DD which is set on how much you use over a year will continue to be taken, it should not change (unless you’ve turned up the heating even more...)

Whoever changed the meter should update PP with the final reading before it was removed
I don’t suppose you know what it was? Did the installer leave you with any paperwork?

Hi @Kerrywerrywoo 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for getting stuck in.

I’ve checked this out with our Member services team. @Duppy and @woz have guessed correctly, the new meter wasn’t updated on the national database by your previous supplier.

Roman from our team has emailed you about this: 

We've found that a meter has previously been exchanged at your property. This change hasn't been recorded by the supplier who made the change. Before we can send you a statement this information needs updating.

We've started the process of updating your meter details - this can take up to 14 weeks. We'll put your statements on hold until the details have been updated, and send a new statement with the correct details as soon as the update has happened.

It’s annoying that the database wasn’t updated with the details of the new meter. But the team will sort it for you. :thumbsup:

Nice username btw!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Kerrywerrywoo, getting used to a totally digital platform takes a little getting used to, I found that to be the case. However, I probably would not go back to “call centre” customer service. You will find that, now a PP member of staff has your info, it will get sorted although it will be slow as PP will be dealing with the National Database system which is dreadfully slow. 
Regards

👍👍

Userlevel 2

Hi @Kerrywerrywoo 

Are you sure it was British Gas that fitted your new meter, is it a smart meter?

The app would not accept the zero reading because it does not know that the meter gas been changed, it can take some time for the new meter details to filter through to PP.

Your best course of action is to contact PP via Wattbot in the help and support section as detailed above, take photos of your new meter(s) and in the ask a question box, type message the team, inform them that the meter gas been changed and the date it was fitted and then attach the photos of the meter. This will help them to update your account.

Hi I can’t find it right now but correct - it wasn’t British Gas actually, this was the firm who ‘supply the meters’ for British Gas - Apparently they have been trying for years to get the old lady here to change her meter and when we moved in we had a letter from them saying literally ‘’we will be in here in 7 days time ‘’ and they changed the meter. It was all very sudden. All been a bit mad here since we moved in !