Solved

frustrated!

• 23 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I am frustrated by lack of communication and help! 
I regret switching, and will be switching again even though there will be a charge! 
IHD is still not working after a week. Only one email answered by PP then they are as dead as the IHD!!!

I will be switching 

icon

Best answer by woz 23 February 2021, 17:33

I regret switching, and will be switching again even though there will be a charge! 
IHD is still not working after a week. Only one email answered by PP then they are as dead as the IHD!!!

I will be switching 

hi @JulRochdale 

hi jul(ie? ian?)

Although it should not be, but sadly it is, responses to emails take longer than using wattbot (help&support), ask a Q which is the preferred route to customer services. If it’s any consolation, (it isn’t I know),  lots of people have issues with the ihd not working, and it’s likely you’d have exactly the same probs if you switch.

I’ve mentioned the fact that expectations of customers to email queries are not being met, (as someone rightly said, I can’t remember where or who, if you offer a route by email customers expect it to work properly but from PP’s perspective  apparently it’s a more difficult route because the email has to be first reconciled to the customers account (I’m paraphrasing). I’m sure this will eventually be solved but in the meanwhile use wattbot.  

My advice (and not because I’m defensive of PP) is don’t rush into switching away, give them a chance to get your meter up and running with the ihd, it could take quite a while so patience is required, because you’ll only have the same frustration elsewhere.

The SM rollout in very many cases isn’t fit for purpose, but it isn’t just PP. Customers expect them to work immediately but that almost never happens and as far as I can see there is always some delay while the numbers crunch in the background to marry the ihd to the meter and the meter to supplier.

I don’t work for PP

View original

8 replies

@JulRochdale If it is any consolation my IHD, although it works, often sits with no readings showing and then later may come alive. I tend to ignore it. After the initial enthusiasm following its installation it just sits on my desk and I rarely bother with it and find it of very little use. What is of more value is the automatic meeting reading thatthe smart meter gives. I am waiting for Magnum to install the smart meter to my gas supply and then I suspect I will put the IHD in a corner and forgot about it.

Badge +2

Hi @JulRochdale 

Hang on in there, Pure Planet will get it sorted 👍 

Its a great supplier and helps our fragile Planet. 🌍

I'm not an employee 🥰

Hi @JulRochdale 

Welcome to the community. I can see you’ve some really helpful and supportive advice from other Members, which is great.:blush:

I just wanted to add a link to a IHD trouble shooting guide. It’s got some info on types of bugs known to affect IHDs, and how to (sometimes!) fix them.

Let me know how you get on? If still no joy I’ll flag this with our Member services team for you. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I will be switching 

hi @JulRochdale 

hi jul(ie? ian?)

Although it should not be, but sadly it is, responses to emails take longer than using wattbot (help&support), ask a Q which is the preferred route to customer services. If it’s any consolation, (it isn’t I know),  lots of people have issues with the ihd not working, and it’s likely you’d have exactly the same probs if you switch.

I’ve mentioned the fact that expectations of customers to email queries are not being met, (as someone rightly said, I can’t remember where or who, if you offer a route by email customers expect it to work properly but from PP’s perspective  apparently it’s a more difficult route because the email has to be first reconciled to the customers account (I’m paraphrasing). I’m sure this will eventually be solved but in the meanwhile use wattbot.  

My advice (and not because I’m defensive of PP) is don’t rush into switching away, give them a chance to get your meter up and running with the ihd, it could take quite a while so patience is required, because you’ll only have the same frustration elsewhere.

The SM rollout in very many cases isn’t fit for purpose, but it isn’t just PP. Customers expect them to work immediately but that almost never happens and as far as I can see there is always some delay while the numbers crunch in the background to marry the ihd to the meter and the meter to supplier.

I don’t work for PP

I had an email from them to say if it wasn’t working in 24 hours to contact them. And if they didn’t hear from me in 3 working days they consider that the problem was solved and they would close the matter. I replied but no acknowledgement or anything. I wrote to ask for at least an acknowledgment but nothing! 
I’ll try your advice. Thank you 

How frustrating @JulRochdale!

The solution is to use the app (or website) and click the ☰ menu and Get help and support, Ask a question. Type something like IHD problem and the somewhat frustrating wattbot machine will ask some questions and flag the issue to the team. They will get in touch to help.

Good luck!

It was supplied by PP last week. It keeps saying trying to connect to Smart Meter, then Not Commissioned.

the engineer that installed it, plugged it in and then said a lot of people have had trouble with these! (Thanks for that, I wouldn’t have bothered if I’d known!)

I will be switching 

Hi @JulRochdale 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

Please note, we don’t have access to account information, however we will try to assist you.

Smart Meters/In-Home Displays, are unfortunately far more complicated devices than the adverts make out.

Your “IHD is still not working after a week” - was this IHD supplied by Pure Planet, or by your previous supplier?

If it was supplied by someone other than Pure Planet, are you able to provide the Manufacturer/Model of the meter and the In Home Display?

By ‘dead,’ do you mean your IHD is totally dead, or are you able to access any error messages?

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy