Solved

Do you provide smart meters for Economy 7 meter users

• 15 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, as per the title I’ve currently got a dual feed/rate meter and am on an econ 7 tariff with Bulb. I’m looking to move to yourselves but would like to get a smart meter in the near future so am wondering if you are rolling out smart meters that accept my configuration as Bulb currently don’t. 

I live in Bow, east London. 

I know you don’t have a normal econ 7 tariff and I’m okay with this, I have no reason to be on econ 7 and would rather get rid of it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Duppy 15 July 2021, 11:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Seems so, heres another post similar to yours:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ccm 

Is there something unusual about your configuration, usually a smart meter can be programmed for standard and E7 meters, so there must be a reason for Bulbs refusal

If it's a standard installation, there is nothing to stop you switching, you just need to provide both readings, then when a smart meter is fitted it is configured for a single tariff, but,  there is no guarantee of installation in the near future, PP via their installers Magnum are fitting meters by location, when the installers are in your area you would be contacted, but some customers have complained of waiting months (years) for a smart meter, and even if you were to contact PP via Wattbot, they wouldn't know when they would be able to do the installation