Solved

Disparity in meter readings

• 18 September 2021
  • 5 replies

My electricity readings and yours differ and this has been raised 2 weeks ago. I have been promised an email response to resolve this but have yet to hear. How can I contact you outside of the useless bot?

icon

Best answer by woz 18 September 2021, 16:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

If you are talking about the smart meter readings being incorrect,  the ones sent automatically to PP from your smart meter, then you can always still submit readings yourself via the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @MariaF 

Unless there is a huge difference between the readings I suspect you’re making an issue where there might not be one. It will correct when they get real readings.

Were the readings from PP estimated? 

How far out were they?

I’m not asking the questions to defend PP but to save you time…

Wattbot is the preferred  and best route to customer services, make sure it says your message has gone to the team.

but In answer to your question

There is a significant disparity in the readings, I have submitted my own readings and have submitted a question via the bot within the app. I have had a response from the team to the effect that the Ops team are investigating and will send an email to help resolve the situation. So far so good. Thereafter no further news on progress and no apparent way to pursue the original problem. Hence the frustration.

Thank you for your responses. I'll try the email route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@MariaF

email will be slower than wattbot.

Were the readings used by PP estimated?

Hello @MariaF 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I’ve flagged this with the Member Services team - they’ve emailed you with an update and the next steps to take. 

I hope this helps!