Solved

Current meter is beneath our property & have to access this area by ladder outside every month

• 19 July 2021
  • 8 replies

We are retired pensioners who have to access our meter monthly by ladder from outside can you please fit a smart  meter ASAP please 

Thanks Mr Leslie Farley

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 19 July 2021, 12:37

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

PP are rolling out smart meters region by region, you will be contacted when they are in your region.

Heres a link which may help you:
https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/can-i-have-a-smart-meter-10328

In the mean time,  have you considered signing up to the Priority register? :

https://community.purepla.net/extra-support-50/how-can-i-be-added-to-the-priority-services-register-10363

Extract:

Examples of the services that may be available are:

• More frequent meter reading visits, for those who have trouble accessing or reading the meter.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

PP are rolling out smart meters region by region, you will be contacted when they are in your region.

Heres a link which may help you:
https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/can-i-have-a-smart-meter-10328

In the mean time,  have you considered signing up to the Priority register? :

https://community.purepla.net/extra-support-50/how-can-i-be-added-to-the-priority-services-register-10363

Extract:

Examples of the services that may be available are:

• More frequent meter reading visits, for those who have trouble accessing or reading the meter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Stonehayes55 

In the meanwhile have you considered filling in the Priority Services Register? PP don’t expect you to be climbing ladders!

(@Mads @Nataly  is the article updated?)

sorry @Angelabikerbabe duplicated you!

We are retired pensioners who have to access our meter monthly by ladder from outside can you please fit a smart  meter ASAP please 

Thanks Mr Leslie Farley

Hi @Stonehayes55 

Taking your post from a slightly different angle to previous answers.
Not knowing quite what your property is, the fact you state that your meter is currently located so far beneath your property that you have to access it by ladder,  makes it appear that a ‘Smart Meter’ would not work anyway - to me at least that sounds a very awkward position for getting a decent signal to the network, or for that matter to the In-Home Display.

@woz yep, all updated following the latest app/web release. :slight_smile:

Great to see all the useful and speedy replies to your post already @Stonehayes55, I hope they’ve helped! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@woz yep, all updated following the latest app/web release. :slight_smile:

Great to see all the useful and speedy replies to your post already @Stonehayes55, I hope they’ve helped! 

@Nataly Ahh in that case I think it could do with a tweak? it was the words “your account ICON” that threw me

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks Mr Leslie Farley

Hi @Stonehayes55 

Not knowing quite what your property is, the fact you state that your meter is currently located so far beneath your property that you have to access it by ladder,  makes it appear that a ‘Smart Meter’ would not work anyway - to me at least that sounds a very awkward position for getting a decent signal to the network, or for that matter to the In-Home Display.

@Gwyndy My guess is as long as it’s able to send readings to PP it won’t matter...

Thanks Mr Leslie Farley

Hi @Stonehayes55 

@Gwyndy My guess is as long as it’s able to send readings to PP it won’t matter...

Which is what I meant by:

to me at least that sounds a very awkward position for getting a decent signal to the network”

Not knowing where @Stonehayes55, I don’t know which network to the DCC they are on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy 

Why might that location make it any more difficult to communicate with the network?