Solved

cancelled smart meter

• 12 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Took a day off work to allow smart meter installation. Got a call at 3pm telling me the engineer had gone home sick. Am I entitled to compensation? They are quick enough telling the customer that they will be charged if the engineer can't get in. 

icon

Best answer by woz 12 July 2021, 16:31

Ofgem have prescribed standards for missed appointments, I would say you should claim it through PP  Cancelling just before is the same as missing the appointment.

Keep us informed?

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ofgem have prescribed standards for missed appointments, I would say you should claim it through PP  Cancelling just before is the same as missing the appointment.

Keep us informed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Muckleflugga 

I'm pretty sure that there is £30 compensation for missed appointments, inform PP via Wattbot, Help > ask a question

Userlevel 2

So got £30 credit, hardly compensation for a day lost at work. Guess I'll never get a smart meter as not wasting another day

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So got £30 credit, hardly compensation for a day lost at work. Guess I'll never get a smart meter as not wasting another day

Glad you got something.  Thanks for letting us know 👍

That’s ludicrous. I bet they would charge you a lot more if you were not in when they called. Much depends of course in whether you have suffered a financial loss, i.e. not paid for the time off. If so the compensation should be your actual loss. 

Or is the £30 some statutory limit? If it isn’t and you have lost more you should push for more.