Solved

Activation of Smart Meter

• 26 November 2020
  • 8 replies

We have SMETS2 smart meters installed (about a year ago). At the time of installation the electricity meter worked fine (and you seem to be getting readings) but the gas one didn’t for technical reasons. We were promised an upgrade that would fix the problem for April 2020, but (presumably because of COVID) we’ve heard nothing more about it. Can PP get this fixed?

icon

Best answer by woz 26 November 2020, 15:14

hi @RWStroud 

I suggest you use help&support>ask a Q (wattbot) to progress this as it’s specific to your meters.

Persist through bot replies until it says your message has been passed to the team. You’ll get a human reply within 3 working days.

If the upgrade to your gas meter is because it’s a smets1 then I fear you’ll be waiting a bit longer, if it’s something else Pp will need to organise it with magnum if whatever it needs is possible.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @RWStroud 

I suggest you use help&support>ask a Q (wattbot) to progress this as it’s specific to your meters.

Persist through bot replies until it says your message has been passed to the team. You’ll get a human reply within 3 working days.

If the upgrade to your gas meter is because it’s a smets1 then I fear you’ll be waiting a bit longer, if it’s something else Pp will need to organise it with magnum if whatever it needs is possible.

Hi,

Thanks for that, I did try initially with the wattbot system but I couldn’t get it to a point where it would pass the message to the support team - in the end I gave up (it’s the least impressive thing about PP IMHO).

Thanks for the advice, I’ll maybe tryagain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks for that, I did try initially with the wattbot system but I couldn’t get it to a point where it would pass the message to the support team - in the end I gave up (it’s the least impressive thing about PP IMHO).

Thanks for the advice, I’ll maybe tryagain.

@RWStroud try starting with message the team

Ok, thanks

Well, that worked a treat - NOT!

Did as suggested (five days ago) so far nix, nada, nowt.

Not impressed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@RWStroud Haven’t you had a reply yet?

How many days since it said your message was passed to the team?

Five days ago.

Hi @RWStroud 

I flagged this up with our Member Services team to check what’s happened here - they’ve let me know Phoebe from the team replied to your WattBot chat on 28 November. If you head back in to ‘ask a question’ you should be able to view her reply? Let us know if not of course!

You should also have received an SMS to let you know you had a reply from the team - they’ve sent another SMS now to help you locate their message.