Solved

2nd Generation Smart Meters and Pure Planet

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I have recently joined PP, and I have a 2nd generation smart meter. Why am I being asked for monthly meter readings?

icon

Best answer by Nataly 26 November 2020, 15:55

Hey @cctransuk 

We still ask for your opening meter reading(s), while things are getting set up and running. 

You should subsequently see ‘smart’ readings in your account and monthly statements - we have more info here which may help too :slight_smile: .

View original

4 replies

Hey @cctransuk 

We still ask for your opening meter reading(s), while things are getting set up and running. 

You should subsequently see ‘smart’ readings in your account and monthly statements - we have more info here which may help too :slight_smile: .

I am about to switch to PP in the next couple of weeks. Will you ask me for details of my meter (pretty sure its 2nd gen as it was only installed last September)? Or will you automatically know it is smart?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@RM101

When PP are ready to start your supply, you will be asked for your meter reading(s) and photos of your meter(s)

It can take some time before your meter details are integrated into PP's systems, so you may be asked for readings for a few months.

Once you have been on supply a while, you can check the status by looking at your reading history in tariff and usage in your account  account, once you see smart against a reading you will know readings are being obtained remotely.

It's also worth mentioning that you may initially lose some functionality on your IHD

That's great, thanks.