Solved

100amp Electric Meter Installation

• 12 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

We are currently renovation our property (including full rewire, underfloor heating, internal lift, external platform lift). My electrician has advised a 3 phased supply will not be required but an ungrade to the electric meter was recommended to allow for 100amps.

Is this something Pure Planet provides?

How do i start proceedings to get this setup?

Its now a matter of urgency as works have already begun.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

icon

Best answer by Ohit 13 November 2020, 14:52

Hello,

We are currently renovation our property (including full rewire, underfloor heating, internal lift, external platform lift). My electrician has advised a 3 phased supply will not be required but an ungrade to the electric meter was recommended to allow for 100amps.

Contact your local DNO. They are in charge of the main fuse. And it’s free to do it.

You will also need 25mm meter tails (your electrician can check), and Pure Planet can arrange that if needed.

Neither of those two above (main fuse or meter tails upgrade) should block your electrician completing his side of the work.

I would still consider 3-phase, by the way, given the way everything is going (electric) and you are at the refurb stage now.

View original

2 replies

Hi @EAS-Will, there are others with experience on this sort of stuff around. I’m sure they’ll reply with help soon.

Meanwhile try asking a question via the initially annoying Wattbot. Keep chatting with the machine until it gives up and forwards your conversation to a human, or type Message the Team if you’re stuck in limbo land.

Good luck with the extensive works!

Hello,

Contact your local DNO. They are in charge of the main fuse. And it’s free to do it.

You will also need 25mm meter tails (your electrician can check), and Pure Planet can arrange that if needed.

Neither of those two above (main fuse or meter tails upgrade) should block your electrician completing his side of the work.

I would still consider 3-phase, by the way, given the way everything is going (electric) and you are at the refurb stage now.