News

Pure Futures - testing new app structure prototypes

• 24 February 2021
  • 15 replies
Pure Futures - testing new app structure prototypes
  • Community Manager
  • 5493 replies

Hi everyone

Pure Futures is looking for some community members to provide feedback on some new app homepage and menu designs we're working on.

We're looking for up to eight community members to spend about 60 minutes with our designers to look at different options for the homepage layout.

This will be done via a video call next week - to take part we’ll need you to fill out this Google form telling us your name, email address, contact telephone number, and the day/times next week which work best for you.

We’ll do our best to find a time that suits you.

The testing is being run by our in-house user testing team. During the call, which will last about 45-60 minutes, you’ll be asked to find your way around two new homepage designs.

The designs you’ll see are rudimentary prototypes. This is a test of navigation and ease of finding your way around, not about how it looks!

To take part we think it best to ask that you use a desktop computer, as the prototypes may not work 100% on mobile or tablet. 

During the web call you’ll be asked a few questions about how you found the experience and what could be improved.

And after the testing, as a small way of saying thanks for giving up some of your free time, we’ll send you a voucher worth £25 which can be redeemed at several stores including Amazon, ASOS, and John Lewis.

If you want to help us with this session then just fill out this form. If you’re chosen to take part, you’ll hear back from the team who will give you instructions on how to get started.

We’ve got a lot of exciting improvements coming to the app in the next few months, and we’ll be looking to ask for community feedback as we go along. So if you miss out this time, don’t worry, there’ll be many more opportunities to take part!

Any questions? Let’s talk about them in the replies below :relaxed:

Update on Friday 26 Feb

Thanks to those who’ve completed the form. Due to a couple of last minute tweaks, the dates have shifted slightly. Testing will now start from Wednesday 3 March, up until the following Tuesday (9th March). I’ve updated the Google form with this new info too.

15 replies

Thanks to those who’ve completed the form. Due to a couple of last minute tweaks, the dates have shifted slightly. Testing will now start from Wednesday 3 March, up until the following Tuesday (9th March). I’ve updated the Google form with this new info too.

Userlevel 4

Just finished my app testing slot with App team - time well spent to support the future development and usability of the app!

Go Team PP! 👍🏼

Just finished my app testing slot with App team - time well spent to support the future development and usability of the app!

Go Team PP! 👍🏼

Fantastic. Thanks @Sbeagen :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Marc 

My slot was a bit if a disaster. Difficulty loading and then after talking thru all the questions they contacted me to say that it hadn't recorded.  Asked if I would do it again, I said yes, but haven't heard anything back from the team at userlytics.

Sorry to hear that @Scubaseahorse I’m going to find out what’s going on with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tks @Marc 

Yeah that Userlytics is a nightmare and not fit for purpose! Wasted an hour on it!

Userlevel 4

There was a little issue at the start of mine which was mainly due to my mic and getting connected and I had to have some guidance on the way through but it managed to finish 👍🏼 

@Marc

My slot was a bit if a disaster. Difficulty loading and then after talking thru all the questions they contacted me to say that it hadn't recorded.  Asked if I would do it again, I said yes, but haven't heard anything back from the team at userlytics.

Hi again @Scubaseahorse 

I’ve been chatting to the team looking after the testing (and I believe Emily has emailed you, too.)

Their feeling is that it’s best not to repeat rhe exercise, as you’ve already seen the prototype so no longer a ‘fresh’ pair of eyes.

We’ll honour the voucher/reward thingy, of course, for your time!

There’ll be more prototypes/tests coming up in the next few weeks and months, I’m sure! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Marc I received the email from Elaine yesterday evening. 

Badge

We’ll honour the voucher/reward thingy, of course, for your time!

Was there a “reward” ?

Sorry - I forgot and was happy to help regardless.

Badge +2

Did mine today.  All fine.  Emily and team very patient with me.  Fun exercise and hope it was helpful 😀  

Did mine today.  All fine.  Emily and team very patient with me.  Fun exercise and hope it was helpful 😀  

Thank you @LUCKY JO cheers for helping out, and also for the kind words which I’ve passed on. I know they’re appreciate hearing it! 

Yes, Emily and Zen (I think) were amazing and made the best of the awkwardness created by Userlytics.

Thanks so much to everyone who took part :hugging:

Using your feedback, we've been able to decide on a way forward for navigation in the app we're building. 

There'll be lots more opportunities for testing in the coming months, and we'll be sharing some of the exciting changes that are coming up too!

Can’t wait to share this stuff. :relaxed: