Pure Futures - testing new app designs for homepage and menus

• 20 January 2021
  • 6 replies

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies

Hi everyone

Pure Futures is looking for some community members to provide feedback on some new app homepage and menu designs we're working on.

There's two bits of testing coming up next week.

1 - Testing new Pure Planet app homepage and menu options

We're looking for eight community members to spend about 45 to 60 minutes with our designers to look at different options for the homepage layout, a main menu, and a side menu. This will be done via video call.

The testing is being run by a team of designers at Designit

Just like the EV pages and CO2 offset 'concepts' testing we ran before Christmas, to take part we’ll need your permission to share your name and email address with them. You’ll receive an Amazon voucher worth £35 for helping us out and giving up some of your free time!

During the web call using Webex you’ll be shown different prototypes and asked a few questions about how you found the experience and what could be improved.

As it’s a video call you’ll need to sign a short consent form to take part - Designit will send this to you ahead of the call, as well as confirming the time.

2 - Testing new content placement

This is a shorter piece of testing, about 15 minutes, known as 'card sorting'. You'll be shown a collection of different bits of content - such as 'send a meter reading' and 'Get help and support' and the task will be to group them into sections which makes the most sense to you.

We're looking for 16 community members to take part. Designit will send you a link to an online tool. There’s a £10 Amazon voucher for this one.

If you want to help us with any (or all!) of these sessions then just fill out this form. If you’re chosen to take part, you’ll hear back from the Designit team who will give you instructions on how to get started.

We’ve got a lot of exciting improvements coming to the app in the next few months, and we’ll be looking to ask for community feedback as we go along. 

This is likely to happen monthly, so keep a look out!. We’ll also have a beta app running alongside which we’d like to share with community members. More info on this when I have some! :slight_smile:

Any questions? Let’s talk about them in the replies below. 

Update Thursday 21 Jan

Hi all

Apologies - we slightly jumped the gun on this one. :grimacing:  We're not quite ready with the designs, so testing will need to be put back a few weeks.
Massive thanks to all who've already volunteered to help out already! We’ll keep the Google Form open so other Members can also take part. 

I’ve tweaked the post to remove the original dates we had chosen to carry out the testing.
And I will update this post again when we've got new dates confirmed.:thumbsup:
Sorry again for any confusion. 

Update 24 Feb 

I’ve just posted a new (and correct) version of this round of testing over here.

Just thought I’d give you a heads-up @Ohit @myauntie @woz @Rds261189 @schase @25 quid @Strutt G @LUCKY JO as I believe you may have expressed an interest the first time around!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds great and I’m fully available and flex

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Available Mon 25th, not Tues 26th, would like to help with number 2 deffo 👏👍, I’ll complete the form. 

I’m in!

Hi all

Apologies - we slightly jumped the gun on this one. :grimacing:  We're not quite ready with the designs, so testing will need to be put back a few weeks.
Massive thanks to all who've already volunteered to help out already! We’ll keep the Google Form open so other Members can also take part. 

Badge +3

Hi all

No worries, happy to help when testing is rescheduled.

*Was this not meant to be your day off @Marc?? ;)

No worries, happy to help when testing is rescheduled.

*Was this not meant to be your day off @Marc?? ;)

:wink: