New photos of solar panels from above

• 27 September 2021
  • 10 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7633 replies

Just a couple of pics of the new solar panels, taken from above my home, using a drone.

Pure Planet solar panels

You can just make out the chap operating the drone - he’s in the garden, wearing a red baseball cap.

And another photo. 

There’s video footage being worked on, too. 

I think we’ll be sharing that in a month or so. 

Read more

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Marc I’ve often wondered why they don’t supply different sizes to accommodate the gaps. Maybe they only make one popular size?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Where’s me bungalows? 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Looking good mr cooper. 

In the german mavis news this week. We have just signed the contract to turn aubenhausen into a greener village by having air and ground heat pumps and solar installed and in time battery maybe depending on how the savings and usage  rack up if enough surplus is generated to justify the cost. We do have a lot of roof space but half of it is not structurally strong enough for solar panels. Surveys are under way before work starts hopefully before the end of the year or else it may get weather delayed till march. 

Looking good mr cooper. 

In the german mavis news this week. We have just signed the contract to turn aubenhausen into a greener village by having air and ground heat pumps and solar installed and in time battery maybe depending on how the savings and usage  rack up if enough surplus is generated to justify the cost. We do have a lot of roof space but half of it is not structurally strong enough for solar panels. Surveys are under way before work starts hopefully before the end of the year or else it may get weather delayed till march. 

Great stuff Herr @Mavis1 :laughing:

Heat pumps (air ones for me, I think) is the next step I suppose. 

I’m still driving the Nissan Leaf, too (extra smug points this week as petrol runs out) but I tell you what, it uses a lot of elec. Ideally I’d live a life with no car at all. A bicycle for town, trains for longer trips. Who knows.

Does this mean you’re installed in Germany for good, then? 

@Marc I’ve often wondered why they don’t supply different sizes to accommodate the gaps. Maybe they only make one popular size?

Good question @woz I think it’s because when faced with the quesion of which size most people opt for the ‘middle’ one. So, not the cheapest (3kw) and not the most expensive (6kw).

And I also suppose it’s easier to make them in greater numbers if there’s one standard size.

This article looks useful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi marc. 

Planning on being here till after paris 2024 and then if im allowed retire. 

Aubenhausen consists of housing for 50 horses indoor school wash rooms and all associated need of 50 needy horses. It also has 3 houses for the 3 owners and 16 apartments for the staff. So you can imagine the size and cost of running the place. So with a little persuasive arguements the deal is done to go green and get rid of the oil heating. On the upside the apartmemts will get air conditioning in the summer yayy to that. 25c at night is no fun. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good question @woz I think it’s because when faced with the quesion of which size most people opt for the ‘middle’ one. So, not the cheapest (3kw) and not the most expensive (6kw).

And I also suppose it’s easier to make them in greater numbers if there’s one standard size.

thanks, it would be if they actually gave the panel sizes, I was thinking more about the optimisation, if you look at your roof there are 2 potential spaces where a shorter panel could easily have fitted, so if they did for example a half size one that would have given you 8.3% more capacity than you have now for little extra effort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Panels look great  . Looks like a nice big house @Marc 👍👍👍

Panels look great  . Looks like a nice big house @Marc 👍👍👍

It’s OK @Angelabikerbabe Nothing special, but I’m grateful to have a roof over my head. :smile:

Good question @woz I think it’s because when faced with the quesion of which size most people opt for the ‘middle’ one. So, not the cheapest (3kw) and not the most expensive (6kw).

thanks, it would be if they actually gave the panel sizes, I was thinking more about the optimisation, if you look at your roof there are 2 potential spaces where a shorter panel could easily have fitted, so if they did for example a half size one that would have given you 8.3% more capacity than you have now for little extra effort.

Or just fit them a little higher up the roof and there’d only need to be one missing! Even better.