Pure Planet app and web update - request a refund directly from your app

Related products: Pure Planet app & website Payments & billing
Pure Planet app and web update - request a refund directly from your app

Hi everyone, 

We’ve released a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account.

It’s version 9.2.11 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update.

In this release we’ve now given our Members a way to access a refund of excess credit directly from the Pure Planet app.

Tap on ‘Manage your balance and payments’ from the app home screen. If you’ve built up credit, you’ll now see an option to get a refund.

Pure Planet app screen

To avoid our Members from falling into debit, there might be times when you won’t see the refund option:

• If we’ve not had a meter reading from you in the last 60 days
  • If you’ve not had a bill in the last 32 days

Refunds accessed from your Pure Planet app will take up to five working days to appear in your bank account. 

We’re also limiting refunds to £200 and we won’t issue a refund if it’ll put your account in debit. This new feature is not, for now, available in the web account. It’s app-only.

We’re still carrying out our regular account reviews to make sure your Direct Debit payments and energy usage stays on track. We review accounts every six months, but you can request a review, too.

This new app release also has a few bug fixes. This includes the return of the link to the community from the main ‘Help’ dashboard in your app.

Remember the latest version of the app may not appear for everyone straight away. It usually takes up to 24 hours for all app stores to be updated. 

Updated Tuesday 14 September

Just to let you know there’s a small app release today which has a ‘hot fix’ for a bug reported by @25 quid where the app was sometimes showing a strange ‘unsupported browser’ message to some Members.

This means the latest version of the PP app is now 9.2.14.

You may also like: Help us test new ways to log into your Pure Planet app 

Fab 👍

An easy way to get a refund is a great idea.

Cannot the message overall be removed? Today when I  go to Energy Usage a message popped up about rain forests. I look on the app as a functional thing for me to see where things are and don’t expect extraneous messages. There must be such a thing as “green overload”.

Looks good. I don’t see the refund option, I guess cos I’m in –ve debit.

The go back button at top left is quite inconsistent on different screens. Sometimes it’s the PP 🪐, sometimes a X, and sometimes a <. Maybe suggest the devs pick one and stick to it! 😉 

One of the things I find annoying in the app is the payment review notification 

In bold writing, so you are drawn to it, it says your payments have changed, yes they did 5 months ago, and almost due another review. If the payments change again, that notification will just get ignored. The notification does not need to show for that long

That’s really good feedback @Duppy thank you. I’ve passed this on to our brand/app peeps! 

It’s similar after submitting a reading. The message makes it sound like you’re trying to submit another reading...

Hi everyone

Just to let you know there’s a small app release today (Tues 14 Sep) which has a ‘hot fix’ for a bug reported by @25 quid where the app was sometimes showing a strange ‘unsupported browser’ message to some Members.

This means the latest version of the PP app is now 9.2.14.

Hi everyone, 

Just to let you know we’ve release version 9.2.17 today (4 October). This is in preparation for a fix to an issue with the refund functionality in online accounts, coming later this week. :thumbsup: