Pure Planet app and web update - download version 8.16.7

Related products: Pure Planet app & website

Hi everyone, 

We’ve released a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account. 

It’s version 8.16.7 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update! 

For this update we’ve focussed on improvements to the ‘emergency’ section of your account. 

We’ve included clearer guidance on how to get in touch if it isn’t an emergency, and more information on the steps to take in the case of an emergency (for example a gas leak or being off supply). 

We’ve also improved the information you’ll see to make it clearer and fuel specific about what to do. We know it can be a worrying time, so have included all the steps to take to make sure your emergency gets sorted swiftly. 

Improvements to the ‘emergency’ section

Remember that the latest version of the app may not appear for everyone straight away. It usually takes up to 24 hours for all the app stores’ servers to be updated.

Here on the Community we also have FAQs all about what to do in case of an emergency.

The team have been working hard behind the scenes to prep for all the exciting things we have in store for 2021 - keep an eye on this space! :sunglasses:

Why not try to improve the login procedure. It takes so long for the verification email to arrive then it says you are not using the latest email and you start all over again,ba complete waste of my time. Shame as the idea of Pure Planet is great but the IT lets it down. I will probably leave at the end of my contract as this is so annoying.

Hi @Chunkybiker,

Love the username by the way.

The speed of the verification email can vary, but once you’re in, you won’t need it again. Using the App is even smoother, so maybe consider that.

In the meantime, clear out all your old verification emails and start a new request. Then wait, and wait and follow the link in the new email when it arrives (on the machine you want to use to access the account). From then on you won’t need to go through this rigmarole. 

If you are on the variable tariff, you can leave without penalty. If you chose a fixed contract there is a penalty to pay if you leave early.

Good luck, hope you get sorted (and stay)!

Why not try to improve the login procedure. It takes so long for the verification email to arrive then it says you are not using the latest email and you start all over again,ba complete waste of my time. Shame as the idea of Pure Planet is great but the IT lets it down. I will probably leave at the end of my contract as this is so annoying.

hi @Chunkybiker as per other replies, and welcome to the community.

If you don’t actively log out you’ll stay logged in, even if you close the browser or app.

(Whether you consider this to be secure has already been raised in the community.)

(Delete all of the login mails, only use the latest one after submitting your email)

Yay thanks @Nataly