Pure Planet app and web update - download version 7.32.12

Related products: Pure Planet app & website

Hey everyone,

We’ve released a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account.

It’s version 7.32.12 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update!

There's some exciting new features in this release! Here’s the highlights:

Improved meter reading history

The reading history in your account’s ‘Usage’ section has been updated to include meter serial numbers and smart meter readings.

Downloadable statements history

Head to your ‘Balance & payments’ section in app or on web and you’ll see a new addition.

Tap/click on ‘Statement history’ which show you a list of your monthly statements which can also be downloaded as PDFs, from mobile and desktop.

We’ll keep sending your statements by email each month, too. 👍

Energy usage graphs now on web

The graphs which show how much energy you’ve used each month are now on web too, hurrah! We’ve got plans for 2020 to make the graphs more useful, including showing year-on-year comparisons.

Thanks to members @Gray4276 and @schase for the ongoing feedback on this topic.

Clearer help and support info

We’ve also made a few tweaks to the Help section in your account. It’s been renamed to ‘Get help and support’ in the menu.

On the help page we’ve added more detail about WattBot response times, and there’s more links to the community’s FAQs, too.

That’s it for now.

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play for everyone.

Thanks again for your feedback and for flagging any issues you spot. It’s always appreciated. 🙏
Thanks @Marc, sounds great!
​​​​​​​Onwards and upwards......🚀
Hey @Marc,

I have the App on two devices.......I can open the statement pdf attachment contained within the statement email......no problems.👌

However on my Asus tablet......I am unable to download the new statements from the new section of the App. When I attempt to download the statement(s) ......I received an error message stating that "this version of Office cannot open this file format".....I am unable to determine which file format PP are using. If I know which file format is being used......then maybe I can make changes on my tablet........or will PP use multiple file formats in the future.🤔

So to summarise......I can download the file on my Android phone 😀......but not on my Android tablet🙃......I can still open the pdfs on both devices. It's only a very minor thing......but thought that you would like to know.😎
Just done my update and all seems well. Great update giving something a lot of people have asked for. Thanks for listening.
Great! Now I can see that my smart electricity meter is not sending readings home to PP 😥
Will message the team
Just updated my app. All looks really good. 👍👍👍
Thanks Marc - Brilliant update PP
Gray4276;42505:
Hey @Marc,

I have the App on two devices.......I can open the statement pdf attachment contained within the statement email......no problems.👌

However on my Asus tablet......I am unable to download the new statements from the new section of the App. When I attempt to download the statement(s) ......I received an error message stating that "this version of Office cannot open this file format".....I am unable to determine which file format PP are using. If I know which file format is being used......then maybe I can make changes on my tablet........or will PP use multiple file formats in the future.🤔

So to summarise......I can download the file on my Android phone 😀......but not on my Android tablet🙃......I can still open the pdfs on both devices. It's only a very minor thing......but thought that you would like to know.😎

Great feedback @Gray4276
Quick request for some extra info that I'll need to pass on the tech team - what version of Android is the Asus tablet running? And to confirm that the tablet can open the statements but not save them anywhere?
(By the way, the statements' file format is PDF)
Marc;42556:
Great feedback @Gray4276
Quick request for some extra info that I'll need to pass on the tech team - what version of Android is the Asus tablet running? And to confirm that the tablet can open the statements but not save them anywhere?
(By the way, the statements' file format is PDF)

Hey Marc,

Asus tablet Android version 7.0

Marc.....please note that I can open the pdf attachment sent with the statement email 👌.....but I cannot open the downloadable version from the App🤔

The tablet is using the same Microsoft Office Word......to open the "document"......... however it states that Office cannot open this file format.......so what file format is the downloadable version from the App.......if it's a pdf file.....then I'm confused 😕
Hi Gray4276,
​​​​​​​i have found the same with my Huawei tablet, it won't open with word, but I used the Drive PDF viewer, and from there download direct to drive, I don't know if this helps.
Duppy;42588:
Hi Gray4276,
​​​​​​​i have found the same with my Huawei tablet, it won't open with word, but I used the Drive PDF viewer, and from there download direct to drive, I don't know if this helps.

Hey Duppy,

I'm a bit confused by it TBH

The only problem is the downloadable App version of the statement......the email attached pdf is opened.... no problem.

​​​​​​​Gonna wait for a PP comment, before I start mucking about at my end.
Gray4276;42591:

Hey Duppy,

I'm a bit confused by it TBH

The only problem is the downloadable App version of the statement......the email attached pdf is opened.... no problem.

​​​​​​​Gonna wait for a PP comment, before I start mucking about at my end.

Hi @Gray4276
I've been chatting to our tech team about this. And @Duppy has got it spot on. You need to change the default PDF viewer in the tablet.
Here's how:
Open settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps > scroll down to Word > Defaults set > Clear defaults

Go back to the PP app. This time, when opening the statement, you'll see a pop-up called something like "Complete action using" and here you should select "Drive PDF viewer".
Hope that makes sense!
(I suspect your mobile is already configured this way)
Marc;42596:
Hi @Gray4276
I've been chatting to our tech team about this. And @Duppy has got it spot on. You need to change the default PDF viewer in the tablet.
Here's how:
Open settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps > scroll down to Word > Defaults set > Clear defaults

Go back to the PP app. This time, when opening the statement, you'll see a pop-up called something like "Complete action using" and here you should select "Drive PDF viewer".
Hope that makes sense!

Hey Marc,

​​​​​​​I think that you are (both) spot on... my tablet is on charge atm.... I'll reconfigure it later.... Cheers 🍺😉
Update running ok 👏👏
Marc;42596:
Hi @Gray4276
Here's how:

Hope that makes sense!

Hey @Marc & @Duppy,

Thanks for the info and the "walk through" to sorting out my issue with the downloadable statements via the App 👏

All sorted now 👍👌💪😎

Well done @Marc and the PP Team.....I can now report that the App upgrade works perfectly 😉😀😎👏📲
Gray4276;42649:

Hey @Marc & @Duppy,

Thanks for the info and the "walk through" to sorting out my issue with the downloadable statements via the App 👏

All sorted now 👍👌💪😎

Great to hear @Gray4276

Nice one @Duppy 🙏