Introducing your new Pure Planet Community

Related products: Pure Planet Community
Introducing your new Pure Planet Community

Welcome to your new Pure Planet Community!

We’re happy to introduce you to a shiny new home. The platform migration is now complete and we’re really excited to start this new journey together. :grinning:

If you need a hand getting around the new platform there are a few handy links here.

What’s new

This new platform fixes a lot of the issues which you guys told us about. We’ve now got improvements to uploading photos, a much better all-round mobile experience, a more intuitive text editor, upvoting in the ideas section, vastly improved search (with results appearing as you type), and a more flexible FAQs section.

It’s possible that a few little bugs will crop up here in the next few days. Let us know if you spot anything in the replies below. We’ll add any reported bugs to this post so that they’re all in one place, and we’ll update you when they’re resolved. :thumbsup:

Known bugs we’re looking into:

Some avatars aren’t loading

Some of the old links to FAQs are not re-directing to the new versions

Let us know what you think of the new community in the replies below! And feel free to ask any questions too, of course

Update Thurs 2 July at 8.25am

The avatars issues seems to have affected just a couple of Members, and it looks like they’ve just uploaded new ones, so that’s good news!

Today we’re due to complete the missing redirects, so any broken links will be sorted.

:slight_smile:

Updated Thurs 2 July at 2.25am

The FAQs redirects are done. We have fewer of them on this platform than on the old (some tidying up in migration) so a handful go to the homepage.

But, there shouldn’t be anymore broken links. :thumbsup:

Now if you search for something google finds the contents in the community (the post or content you were looking for) but the link is broken and when clicked doesn’t take you to the legacy post but to the community home. The only way of finding it is to copy and paste the text string google finds into the search box in the community and hope for the best. 

When I asked before the change, @Marc had said 301 redirects were going to be added from all old pages to new. Seems it didn’t happen/work...

Good morning @25 quid @woz 

We have taken the opportunity to ‘cull’ some of the posts, and there should be re-directs for the rest. But yes I’m sure some old links (FAQs) will go the homepage. I’ve tested a few old links and they do correctly redirect.

It takes about six weeks for Google to fully re-index all the pages. 

Also Marc / Nat, is there any way to go back to “Whilst I was away” without keep clicking on menu after each new thread?

I have come back on after few hours on kindle, to about 7 or 8 new posts showing in “WYWA” and that’s great as all in one place, nice and easy so far. 👍👏

BUT after viewing each new post, I have to then click on menu to view next. I can hit the back arrow of course, but that takes me to every step. Just looking for an easy link to go straight back to the list of unread posts if poss 👍👍👍

Hi @Bev 

Does this link do the trick?

Oooooooooooooooh perfecto ya bugger! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍👍👍