Solved

Why is my gas usage so high on my latest statement?

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Despite the exact same habits of usage as September/October my past two gas bills are tripled. 
The radiators are all off, there isn’t are only two of us in the house, and we are very conscious of hot water usage, yet the bills are extremely high. It just doesn’t seem right. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue? 

icon

Best answer by Marc 26 April 2021, 13:17

Hi @Sandy Gwyn 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I just wondered if maybe you’ve had an “offset bill” or “consolidated statement” ? This is when a statement covers several months because usage has been recalculated (typically due to new meter readings). So, the statement looks big at first glance, but actually it’s covering several months, and no additional payment is being taken.

A bit more info here:

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Sandy Gwyn 

Are the costs from all of the statements based on real or estimated readings? 

Can you give us some real figures?

Has the meter been changed at all if so when?

Have you checked the serial on the meter matches what’s on the statements?

Does your meter measure in cubic metres and is the figure on the statement in cu.m.?

Hey @Sandy Gwyn 

Welcome to the Community! Nice one for posting. 

I’m sure we can help you figure out what’s going on here. :slight_smile:

@woz has asked some starter questions which’ll be really useful in getting to the bottom of things! Let us know how you’re getting on. :thumbsup:

Hi @Sandy Gwyn 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I just wondered if maybe you’ve had an “offset bill” or “consolidated statement” ? This is when a statement covers several months because usage has been recalculated (typically due to new meter readings). So, the statement looks big at first glance, but actually it’s covering several months, and no additional payment is being taken.

A bit more info here: