Solved

Why haven't my readings been used on my statement

• 16 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I've only used 44kw the last month and the month before yet I'm getting charged for 777kw this month, how is this working when I'm sending photos of my meter readings every month xx

icon

Best answer by woz 16 September 2020, 23:52

I've only used 44kw the last month and the month before yet I'm getting charged for 777kw this month, how is this working when I'm sending photos of my meter readings every month xx

hi @Blanche 

you don’t need to send photos every month the photos are only for the first reading when PP might want to confirm the meter is the correct meter for the address, but depending on your meter (smart or not?) you certainly do need to send readings in app or online when logged in. Have you been doing that?

What means did you use to send the readings? if you emailed subsequent readings they may have disappeared up their own conduit, but no matter...as soon as PP get the readings you send your statement and balance will be updated.

44kW a month is VERY low, are you sure you’re reading the meter correctly,  and you are reading the meter that’s fixed to the pipe or wires not the in home display aren’t you?

If you have a smart meter it may eventually send readings automatically but if you’re seeing estimated reading I think it’s safe to assume that you need to send readings until told otherwise.

https://community.purepla.net/meter-readings-45/how-and-when-to-send-meter-readings-10340

post back if you need any help.

(or back to the hotel flamingo...)

I am sending them by the app and yes they are the right reading from the meter box as I'm only awake during the day 2 -3 days a week as I work nights 

hi @Blanche In which case use help and support to ask why the sent readings aren’t appearing on the statements, type message the team and persist through bot replies. They may not have reconciled your meter yet.

I don’t know how much your payments are but do they reflect the very low usage (i.e. when you got your quote did you enter the annual expected amount?)

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Blanche 

you don’t need to send photos every month the photos are only for the first reading when PP might want to confirm the meter is the correct meter for the address, but depending on your meter (smart or not?) you certainly do need to send readings in app or online when logged in. Have you been doing that?

What means did you use to send the readings? if you emailed subsequent readings they may have disappeared up their own conduit, but no matter...as soon as PP get the readings you send your statement and balance will be updated.

44kW a month is VERY low, are you sure you’re reading the meter correctly,  and you are reading the meter that’s fixed to the pipe or wires not the in home display aren’t you?

If you have a smart meter it may eventually send readings automatically but if you’re seeing estimated reading I think it’s safe to assume that you need to send readings until told otherwise.

https://community.purepla.net/meter-readings-45/how-and-when-to-send-meter-readings-10340

hi @Blanche 

I am sending them by the app and yes they are the right reading from the meter box as I'm only awake during the day 2 -3 days a week as I work nights 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Blanche 

hi @Blanche In which case use help and support to ask why the sent readings aren’t appearing on the statements, type message the team and persist through bot replies. They may not have reconciled your meter yet.

I don’t know how much your payments are but do they reflect the very low usage (i.e. when you got your quote did you enter the annual expected amount?)

hi @Blanche 

hi @Blanche In which case use help and support to ask why the sent readings aren’t appearing on the statements, type message the team and persist through bot replies. They may not have reconciled your meter yet.

Yeah but this month is saying its gonna be 4 times that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Blanche 

hi @Blanche In which case use help and support to ask why the sent readings aren’t appearing on the statements, type message the team and persist through bot replies. They may not have reconciled your meter yet.

Yeah but this month is saying its gonna be 4 times that 

@Blanche 4 x what? Do you mean the estimated readings?  As I said it will correct once they have real readings.(did you read through my reply?)

Hey @Blanche 

Just to let you know I’ve moved your posts to a new thread, as they’re about a new/ different topic :relaxed:

Good advice from @woz on how to get in touch with the team, if you send photos of your meters/ readings they’ll be able to look into this for you :thumbsup: