Solved

Why has this month's payment stopped appearing on my statement?

• 27 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Up until and including May, my statements always showed that month’s payment (a day before the statement). In June my payment was missing, the payment happened 2 days after my statement date. In July, payment happened on the statement day (today), but was still not on the statement — it’s shown only in the app transactions.

This is confusing my little brain. Why not take the payment in time for the statement like you used to?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 27 July 2021, 13:21

Hi
It all depends on the date your payment gets taken out and whether that falls on a weekend/bank hol. As it will not be taken Til the next working day  .

Hope that makes sense.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
It all depends on the date your payment gets taken out and whether that falls on a weekend/bank hol. As it will not be taken Til the next working day  .

Hope that makes sense.

Hi fellow @Angelabikerbabe,

Looking back I see it did happen once before in September 2019 for a month. So maybe there is nothing to change here, just deal with it?

It’s maybe an effect of the statements begin calculated in the wee small hours, and payments coming in later in the morning, that causes this oddness...

Hello @25 quid 

May not be of much help to you my friend, but my payment for this month hasn’t appeared in the statement either, my statement date is the 26th, and the payment shows in my app for today, not yesterday.

Here’s a list of my payment etc. dates for this year, if it helps compare

Mark

Yup, Mark just seems silly when it does that...

Yup, Mark just seems silly when it does that...

It was a bit confusing for me as this month I’ve got a consolidated statement due to the tariff changeover that I cancelled, so mine apparently covers 26th May to 25th July, yet it contains only one  ‘payment’ listed for 29th June, and an offset bill dated 27th July (May’s payment is in the ‘offset bill, July’s doesn’t appear at all).

Quite how you can have a ‘Statement’ that covers a given period, then includes items from outside that period is beyond me.

Surely the ‘offset bill’ should have been raised sometime before 25th July? As now, I have:

An offset bill dated 2 days after the period the statement claims it covers.
A payment on the same date as the offset bill which doesn’t show up at all.

Never understood offset bills. Heard them explained. Understood no.

Hello @25 quid 

May not be of much help to you my friend, but my payment for this month hasn’t appeared in the statement either, my statement date is the 26th, and the payment shows in my app for today, not yesterday.

Here’s a list of my payment etc. dates for this year, if it helps compare

Mark

Yes, my payment date variations match yours

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid as I’ve previously said, the first step is to rename them to recalculated or better still revised statement. We should be able to move on from that.

Where a statement is sent out and there is no direct debit I can’t see why the statement couldn’t include a sentence such as “Your direct debit for this month may not have shown because it is still being processed. If so it will appear as a credit on your next statement” or similar..

later edit..

(forgot the returns)

Never understood offset bills. Heard them explained. Understood no.

So far as I can understand from mine, all they are is a ‘Credit Note’ which wipes out the contents of a previous statement period. It’s a bit hard to be sure, because there isn’t actually a ‘copy’ of the contents of the ‘offset bill’ just a line item to the value of last month’s statement.