Solved

Why don't opening readings match the ones I sent?

• 16 September 2020
  • 4 replies

How do I get someone from PP to contact me? Received my first bill, the readings do not match the ones I submitted. Unimpressed as they have used estimates after I submitted actuals within their requested timescale

icon

Best answer by Nataly 17 September 2020, 16:44

Hey @Superdouglas and welcome to the Community :relaxed:

Whenever you switch suppliers, the readings you enter are sent to be verified by an independent third party. Sometimes, they send estimated readings back to both suppliers to use instead - we’re obligated to use those readings. 

There’s more info on that in our FAQs, which I think you’ll find useful :thumbsup:

As @woz has pointed out, if the readings are significantly different, our Member Services team could raise a dispute to get this sorted for you!

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Superdouglas 

use help and support in app or online when logged in, >ask a question,persist through bot replies which are instant until it says your message has been sent to the team, human replies are not instant, a working day or 2.

Readings are verified through a 3rd party, some tolerance is allowed below which you can’t dispute, and what you pay one provider you don’t pay the other; (thus units x unit price difference is the difference (example your electric units are 1p cheaper/dearer and the difference is 100 units, + or minus£1 - similarly gas but less at say 0.3p/kWh)  you cant be charged twice for the same units so in reality the difference in price is probably pence.

How far out are the figures?

That said they should have used the figures you sent unless the previous provider already had significantly higher or lower figures.

The opening figures don’t match the ones I sent when I was signing up and they haven’t used the latest read I sent on Friday, they’ve estimated instead despite sating that I had until Monday to send the reading. So the opening month’s cost is about 45% higher than predicted. Also when logging in to account on laptop none of the options in the dropdown menu actually trigger a new page. Early days but thoroughly unimpressed so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Superdouglas use help and support as directed above, you can only be ultimately charged for what you use, when you contact them you may need to send photos of the meters. (& check your emails to see if they’ve asked for photos)

Hey @Superdouglas and welcome to the Community :relaxed:

Whenever you switch suppliers, the readings you enter are sent to be verified by an independent third party. Sometimes, they send estimated readings back to both suppliers to use instead - we’re obligated to use those readings. 

There’s more info on that in our FAQs, which I think you’ll find useful :thumbsup:

As @woz has pointed out, if the readings are significantly different, our Member Services team could raise a dispute to get this sorted for you!