Why am I paying different amounts in different months?

• 30 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I’m paying different amounts every month...how come? This month I paid £90 next month £200. What happened to the fixed amount each month and reviewed six monthly? I’m happy to pay s higher amount than the original £100 because it’s einter and using more power but at the moment we’re just paying a different amount every month. No explanations or contact...nothing. I’m going to another supplier who will hopefully deliver their promise. Very disappointing.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi littleg.
A bit more info is needed to get a better response in the community.
Firstly goto help and then tap on wattbot. Type " message the team " and then explain your situation. Its not live chat but will get a response within 48hrs.
So when did you acct with PP open and what figures show in the balance and payment section of the app. The figures quoted are what you should be paying. Your estimated usage could be very low meaning a catch up payment was needed or your acct has been reviewed. Hard to say without more info
Littleg111;22232:
I’m paying different amounts every month...how come? This month I paid £90 next month £200. What happened to the fixed amount each month and reviewed six monthly? I’m happy to pay s higher amount than the original £100 because it’s einter and using more power but at the moment we’re just paying a different amount every month. No explanations or contact...nothing. I’m going to another supplier who will hopefully deliver their promise. Very disappointing.

Hi @Littleg111
Welcome to the community.
The Direct Debits do change depending on whether we're in warmer months or colder months. We do this because it matches energy usage. More info here. But that doesn't match what you're saying about Jan and Feb.
It would only increase if you'd built up a lot of debt because your DDs were too low. But our Member services team won't do this without contacting you about it first.
Or are you looking at a consolidated bill? These are when a statement is recalculated because we've got a new reading. It doesn't change the DDs though.
Does that help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi littleg111
are you saying that different amounts have gone from your bank account? Have you checked with your bank or are you perhaps misunderstanding the statement?
Littleg111;22232:
All payments have gone to pure planet and they’ve notified me how much they’re taking each month. Last month I was £90 underpaid so they took that amount this month but my direct debit of £100 wasn’t taken this month. I sent in a meter reading and I owed £200 which they are taking out next month. Which is fine because that’s what we owe. My issue is that when I joined I was told £100 in winter and £60 in the warmer months. But at the moment we are paying as we go which isn’t what we signed up for and contradicts their 6 month review promise. I’m moving over to Scottish power who are going to take £130 pm which I think is nearer the mark .. a little lie fir winter useagd but high for summer do should balance out nicely
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
You’re saying they took £90 from your bank instead of 100, didn’t take the next 100 and are correcting it by taking £200, meaning you may be £10 adrift?
I can only remember one other instance of an incorrect dd in all the time i’ve been posting (there may have been others), but I haven’t seen a taking on demand instance. i’m not saying it’s not happened...
That sounds unlikely but if so it’s still only £10
But then you also contend your annual estimate is incorrect which is a different but easily rectified issue, if you’re correct about SP, annually that’s £1560, which you say makes you happy, but for pp to be equivalent your payments would have to be £156 winter and £104 summer, very different from your annual estimate.
I don’t know what has gone wrong but none of this stacks up. Have you checked if your meter numbers match the ones on the statement?
You say you’re leaving because they haven’t taken enough, which in the short term does not appear to have been a detriment.?
Good luck with your move,even if you are correct about the above I can’t see why it’s not easily solved.
Littleg111;22292:
All payments have gone to pure planet and they’ve notified me how much they’re taking each month. Last month I was £90 underpaid so they took that amount this month but my direct debit of £100 wasn’t taken this month. I sent in a meter reading and I owed £200 which they are taking out next month. Which is fine because that’s what we owe. My issue is that when I joined I was told £100 in winter and £60 in the warmer months. But at the moment we are paying as we go which isn’t what we signed up for and contradicts their 6 month review promise. I’m moving over to Scottish power who are going to take £130 pm which I think is nearer the mark .. a little lie fir winter useagd but high for summer do should balance out nicely