Solved

When will Shell be in touch?

• 21 December 2021
  • 33 replies

I switched (to Octopus) from Pure Planet before you ceased trading. I closed my direct debit with you. You say that Shell will be in touch. When and how will that happen? Should I expect an email? 
Thanks

icon

Best answer by woz 21 December 2021, 15:55

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@SJM 

I may be wrong but I suspect from the posts on here that some of those customers who weren’t direct transfers but who left before PP folded, may have been missed. Anyone who has a liability to PP or to whom PP has a liability should in theory have been transferred to Shell and should have had some sort of communication from Shell (which in itself has caused confusion with some customers who consider that they were no longer with PP and who think their communication from Shell was an error)

So the simple answer is you should have had communication from Shell, but before you contact Shell  in the first instance I’d use help>ask a Q to send a query to CS via wattbot, there may be some manual intervention required at PP’s end to start the process, I don’t know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’d suspect in the new year. I believe they are in the final steps of transferring the information from PP to Shell. Hopefully it won’t be much longer for you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @SJM - welcome to the Community!

@woz and @Lapa are spot on here, and I recommend following the advice from @woz about contacting Member Services, so that they can check things out for you.

Hopefully you’ll hear from Shell soon.

Userlevel 1

Should be any day now.

I got the email from Shell today, saying my account had been set up. I was able to activate it, log in and submit a meter read.

Userlevel 6
Badge

That’s great to hear @malb :thumbsup: thanks for feeding back here :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Should be any day now.

I got the email from Shell today, saying my account had been set up. I was able to activate it, log in and submit a meter read.

Wow! You’re the first I think @malb so truly great to hear! Could do with thread of its own really. Excellent news! 

Userlevel 1

the good news is the account has been set up. The bad news is the opening electricity meter reading (17 October 2021) is wrong - 2 months out of date; the opening meter read is close to the figure from 17 August 2021. This would mean a higher bill from Shell in January.

The final Pure Planet bill (16 October 2021) has the correct electricity meter read, so i’ve emailed them that together with a copy of the meter readings from my pure planet account over that period. So, i’m waiting to hear from them:

Here’s how it works

• We’ll send our dispute of the opening reading to Industry and your previous supplier
  • The process can take up to six weeks to complete
  • Once the dispute is confirmed, both us and your previous supplier will update your account and create a new bill for you

Anyway, i would suggest members make sure to download a copy of their final Pure Planet bill from their pp account, if they don’t yet have it. This contains the meter readings from 17 October, the date of the switch to Shell. Also, once the Shell account is activated, make sure to check the opening meter reads to make sure they match. In my case the opening gas meter reading matched but the opening electricity meter reading did not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @malb . Not a promising start for you, but great advice 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @malb  I’ll make sure to check my opening readings when I’m set up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@malb nice post!

I have raised this before, but it’s worth saying again, everyone who is subject to  higher unit  prices with Shell than they had with PP (I think that’s everyone full stop but maybe there are a few where it’s not the case?) should strive for the changeover reading to be at least what it was in reality  but as high as possible especially if disputing it  (within reason of course) otherwise they will be paying more than they should do.

The dispute will apply a formula if there are no readings to be had, but there will be a few stragglers who genuinely could have used a lot more (for various genuine reasons, first and  last dip in the hot tub...)

Badge +5

Anyway, i would suggest members make sure to download a copy of their final Pure Planet bill from their pp account, if they don’t yet have it. This contains the meter readings from 17 October, the date of the switch to Shell. Also, once the Shell account is activated, make sure to check the opening meter reads to make sure they match. 

The simplest and best advice. Let us not fog the issue further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wonder how many accounts they’ve set up, I’m intrigued now 😂 

Userlevel 4

I got my email today with account number and managed to login to my shell account, managed to submit meter reads and they are in final stage of getting the direct debits activated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok after several (automated) emails including a Saturday night and ruddy Christmas day I finally opened up The Shell thing a moment ago and submitted readings today from Padstow.

Shell knows how to take the fun out of fun - guess it’s not supposed to be fun.

So off for some fun fun fun.

NB:

Got any Shell Jokes wanna get some back off em

Badge +5

@Strutt G Shell out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It was a little crazy doing it over Christmas Day, agree, but feels nice to have both accounts all set up nicely well before the NY, BUT BUT BUT it says once acct set up, the app should work. So far, I am still getting directed to website if try to log into the app, so guess that’ll be the final stage in a week or so time. 

Badge +5

It was a little crazy doing it over Christmas Day, agree, but feels nice to have both accounts all set up nicely well before the NY, BUT BUT BUT it says once acct set up, the app should work. So far, I am still getting directed to website if try to log into the app, so guess that’ll be the final stage in a week or so time. 

I have just checked and can log in without any problem. It shows my latest readings (October 2021) but no other data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can access the app @Bev. Shows my opening meter reading and my inputted and shows which tariff I’m on. I don’t get no more info on the website so I’m assuming they are in sync 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks Laps and Rich. Now I know that, I shall contact them then, as somethings not quite right. Luckily it’s all working on the website and everything’s correct. Glad you got the email btw, our Laps. Wasn’t sure. 👍👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah came through Tuesday. Sorry not been feeling to great so not been active on here this week. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey no worries our Laps, just glad it came. Bit more info now re my next meter read. Asking for one on 5th Jan then first statement, so looks like be all complete imminently now 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Interesting mine is asking for one by 3rd Jan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is weird but purposefully downloaded the Shell app to phone, as not much room on iPad. It kept failing to log me in via app, but worked fine via web. 

Just downloaded app onto iPad and works a treat! Do you always have to enter email address and password to log onto the app tho? 

Its hurting my head already! 

Yeah mine deffo says 5th, Laps. Bizarre

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No I’ve got the app on my phone and it logs me in each time. Only thing I found so far is the make a payment section asks you to log in. Touchwood app seems straightforward my end. Only thing I’ve managed get right this week ha. 

Badge +5

Mine is the 5th but that is my usual day.