Solved

When should I submit my meter reading

• 15 August 2019
  • 3 replies

What's the best date to give a meter reading to get an accurate bill.
icon

Best answer by woz 15 August 2019, 17:57

hi Andrew
In my opinion 2 (or 3) days after you get the email reminder which should arrive 3 days before the end of your billing cycle or 5 days before the date on your statement. You may get away with the extra day but then again you may not...
So for example
from your statement "Your energy statement for the period 15th July to 14th August" email would have arrived on 12th July, add 2 days submit on 14th or 15th I like to play it safe.
It really doesn't matter all that much, the days after you submit to the billing date will be estimated, usually pretty closely, but obviously the nearer you are to the billing date (in the example above 15th) the less room for error there is.
Also you can submit readings once every 24 hrs if you wish, all the readings you submit should appear on the statement

andrew90;35506:
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Andrew
In my opinion 2 (or 3) days after you get the email reminder which should arrive 3 days before the end of your billing cycle or 5 days before the date on your statement. You may get away with the extra day but then again you may not...
So for example
from your statement "Your energy statement for the period 15th July to 14th August" email would have arrived on 12th July, add 2 days submit on 14th or 15th I like to play it safe.
It really doesn't matter all that much, the days after you submit to the billing date will be estimated, usually pretty closely, but obviously the nearer you are to the billing date (in the example above 15th) the less room for error there is.
Also you can submit readings once every 24 hrs if you wish, all the readings you submit should appear on the statement

andrew90;35506:
andrew90;35506:

Hi Andrew,

I always used to send a reading on my account day (in my case the 7th), I don't now as I have a smart meter "show smug git emoji".

I think the main thing is to send in regular readings and then even if you miss time your reading and even if you get an estimate you should get something close enough. The sending in of regular readings should stop things going awry, particularly to stop estimates that are too low.

HTH

X Driver
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
X Driver;35534:
I don't now as I have a smart meter "show smug git emoji".

​😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆😁😁😁😂😂😂👍👍👍