Solved

what does this mean?

Userlevel 1

What does this mean? Do I have to pay the £30 on top of the £25? Why? 

icon

Best answer by Mark Pocock 5 May 2021, 23:00

Hi @bronleigh ,

That screen just means your account is currently 30.52 in debit (I.e. you owe that much). Your next DD payment is the agreed monthly payment for the warmer months based on your usage. You don't have to pay any extra money right now.

I am going to guess you haven't been with PP very long. That combined with an April DD payment being for a warm month but most still have the heating on means that your payments haven't quite covered your usage so far.

I would say that there is nothing to worry about right now and everything should sort itself out over the course of a year. If you find your balance getting further into debit over the next few months then you may need to request an account review (PP may choose to initiate one itself) as you may not be paying enough for your actual usage.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi bronleigh,

No your OK.

DD’s remain the same as stated in your welcome pack until review time twice a year.

You can ask for a review anytime by the way.

The balance fluctuates on the energy you use which is normal in other words the balance will never be flat to match your DD...it could be in credit if you use less over time or debit the same if you use more energy.  Look out for one thing that can upset the balance and thats the DD not bing noted on your PP account because of the weekend date...the DD may leave your bank account but not registered at PP when your monthly statement is produced...the statement is not a bill..its just states a moment in time.

If this happens the DD will register on your PP account twice the following month so catches up.  

Hope I’ve been clear enough...listen out from other members as I’m conking out.

Good Night

Hi @bronleigh ,

That screen just means your account is currently 30.52 in debit (I.e. you owe that much). Your next DD payment is the agreed monthly payment for the warmer months based on your usage. You don't have to pay any extra money right now.

I am going to guess you haven't been with PP very long. That combined with an April DD payment being for a warm month but most still have the heating on means that your payments haven't quite covered your usage so far.

I would say that there is nothing to worry about right now and everything should sort itself out over the course of a year. If you find your balance getting further into debit over the next few months then you may need to request an account review (PP may choose to initiate one itself) as you may not be paying enough for your actual usage.

Userlevel 1

Okay thank you, I am moving on the 19th of this month. So I assume I will send them a photo of my electric meter and they will review everything and come up with a final sum which I’ll have to pay on top of my £25 DD? 

Hi again @bronleigh 

Have you used the moving out section of the app?

Moving out - what do I do? | Community (purepla.net)

It should tell you what the process is.

What you should end up with, in theory at least, is something like this:

Assuming that ‘Current Debit Balance’ is at 6th April 

Current Debit Balance £30.52
Minus your Direct Debit on 6th May £25.31
New Opening Balance £5.21

Plus Charge for usage from 7th April to 6th May 
Plus Charge for usage from 7th May to 19th May
Edit: Presumably your Members Fee here will be pro rata.

Unless, and only you can confirm this for us, your statement date is still the 26th 

Therefore: 
Assuming that ‘Current Debit Balance’ is at 26th April 

Current Debit Balance £30.52
Minus your Direct Debit on 6th May £25.31
New Opening Balance £5.21

Plus Charge for usage from 27th April to 19th May
Edit: Presumably your Members Fee here will be pro rata.

Plus any early termination fees (if applicable)

= Closing Balance you will be expected to pay.

Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Okay thank you, I am moving on the 19th of this month. So I assume I will send them a photo of my electric meter and they will review everything and come up with a final sum which I’ll have to pay on top of my £25 DD? 

When your direct debit is paid on the 6th it will reduce your debit to £5.21, that will be added to your usage upto the 19th ( 13 days ,) and a final statement issued, don't cancel your direct debit as the final amount can be taken as normal.

Don't forget to complete the move out form which can be found in the account section of your account