Solved

What does DR mean

• 21 April 2019
  • 7 replies

What does DR mean on my bill
icon

Best answer by woz 21 April 2019, 13:59

hi Di W
CR means you're in credit, DR means you're in debit.
You may need to up your dd (direct debit) amount to bring yourself back into credit.
The dd is normally taken in advance (at the start) of the billing period, (unless you've changed the date of the dd), at which point you would expect to be in approximately one months credit. If you've gone into debit you aren't paying enough for the amount of energy you're using.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Di W
CR means you're in credit, DR means you're in debit.
You may need to up your dd (direct debit) amount to bring yourself back into credit.
The dd is normally taken in advance (at the start) of the billing period, (unless you've changed the date of the dd), at which point you would expect to be in approximately one months credit. If you've gone into debit you aren't paying enough for the amount of energy you're using.
Userlevel 2

I’m confused by the bills, I would like to discuss it with someone or would have liked to I’m so frustrated by this that I’ve switched.

Our final bill is even more confusing.

Balance at your last statement £ 954.90

Balance before spend £954.90

Total new spend this period £42.02

Account Balance DR £996.92

Then on the next page…

Total Electricity Charges £40.02

Subtotal of charges before VAT £40.02

VAT @ 5% on £40.02.   £2.00

Total Charges for this bill £42.02

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sy1802

The DR on the account balance means you owe them that amount.

You owed £954.90 before your energy charge of £42.02 which gave the total of  £996.92 that is the amount you owe. If it's your final bill because you have left PP that amount will he taken by direct debit.

The second page is a summary of your charges, electric and membership fee plus vat @5%

There is a mistake on all statements @Sy1802

It makes the maths not add up as the opening DR is not shown as such.

Userlevel 2

I’ve checked the figures, that are as printed in the statement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sy1802 

Just curious, how much was your direct debit? Given that accounts are reviewed every 6 months, it's strange that you've built up that amount of debt unless your usage has drastically changed

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It seems odd that the outstanding balance is so high. Almost a year’s consumption. Odd that PP let this happen for they would have been taking monthly debits and would adjust those up or down if consumption is not according to an expected level.