Solved

Very high bill

• 4 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have flat 2 bed. and got the first bill from Pure Planet with £455 estimated £53.Is normal?I was wondering about the person who sent it?

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 5 March 2021, 00:31

Hi @Irada AlZayadi 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! It’s quite hard to comment on your post, because it’s difficult to understand what is happening.

Your first bill - more accurately statement - comes from Pure Planet a month after your switch is complete and you pay you first direct debit.

That statement will show what you have paid - your first direct debit, possibly plus your second direct debit payment. It will also show your usage of gas and electricity during that month based on any meter readings you have sent in, and estimated to give a reading on the day of the statement. It then shows your balance - the amount you have paid in minus the amount of gas/electricity you have used. There is nothing further to pay - your payment is only by direct debit every month, you know what that will be in advance.

Does any of this make sense? Did you switch to Pure Planet a month ago? Or have you moved into a flat supplied by Pure Planet? If you can give us a little more information, we may be able to offer more explanation.

Regards 

Stephen

PS - what made you wonder about the person who sent it? 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Irada AlZayadi 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! It’s quite hard to comment on your post, because it’s difficult to understand what is happening.

Your first bill - more accurately statement - comes from Pure Planet a month after your switch is complete and you pay you first direct debit.

That statement will show what you have paid - your first direct debit, possibly plus your second direct debit payment. It will also show your usage of gas and electricity during that month based on any meter readings you have sent in, and estimated to give a reading on the day of the statement. It then shows your balance - the amount you have paid in minus the amount of gas/electricity you have used. There is nothing further to pay - your payment is only by direct debit every month, you know what that will be in advance.

Does any of this make sense? Did you switch to Pure Planet a month ago? Or have you moved into a flat supplied by Pure Planet? If you can give us a little more information, we may be able to offer more explanation.

Regards 

Stephen

PS - what made you wonder about the person who sent it? 

Hello sir.

I switched to Pure Planet about one  month ago. 

I wonder about the person,because it is unbelievable amount that he or she had sent.

I tired to explain for  the customer service that I think there's something wrong with electric reading meter. ,but no answer. 

What kind of information  you need?

Thanks for answering 

Hi @Irada AlZayadi

You state that you switched to Pure Planet a month ago.

There are a basic series of questions we can ask, as you will notice if you look at other members similar questions, as we have no access to account information, we can’t see what you see to check.

So, if possible, could you answer the following:

1: Do the meter numbers on your statement match those of your actual meters?

2: Do the opening readings you supplied by you on switching day match those on your statement (they are sent to a 3rd party verifier, so there may be some slight difference, any more and you will need to raise a ‘reading dispute’)

3: Did you supply readings on the mensiversary of your joining date? (i.e. if you joined 1st February, Pure Planet will have requested actual readings on, or near to 1st March) 

4: If you did supply readings, do they match those used on your statement, or if you supplied a few days early, are they reasonably close?

5: If you have gas, are the units used on the statement and the meter the same, be they cubic feet, cubic meters, or kWh?

You state that you “tired to explain for  the customer service that I think there's something wrong with electric reading meter” - did WattBot pass you through to member service’s messaging system, if so when? and have they responded yet?

I doubt any ‘person’ sent it, these things tend to be automated, therefore any error’s not likely to be noticed until after it’s been sent.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello again @Irada AlZayadi 

Let’s see if I can help

Did your bill/statement come by email from Pure Planet?

What date does it have on the first page?

Then it says 

Your energy statement

For the period xx xxx 2021 to xx xxx 2021 What dates does it show here?

The next line says Balance at your last statement £xx.xx What figure does it have here?

The next line is Payment received on xx xxx 2021 CR £xx.xx What figure does it have here?

Then Balance before spend £xx.xx What figure does it have here? Does it have CR or DR before the figure?

Then Total new spend this period £xx.xx What figure does it have here?

Finally Account Balance £xx.xx What figure does it have here? Does it have CR or DR before the figure?

If you can fill in these figures as shown on your bill/statement, then that might mean we can help you.

It’s not impossible for a meter to give a wrong reading, but it is very uncommon.

Sincerely

Stephen

PS It was only after I posted this I discovered @Gwyndy had also posted with a long list of questions. Sorry if you feel bombarded. My suggestion is that if you can you work through both our posts and answer the questions you can. If you don’t understand a question, don’t worry, just answer the ones you do! Then we can both see the answers you have given, and see if we can offer any help.