Question

Two DDIs are... Not better than one?

• 27 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m a new PP member and I noted there were 2 DDIs set up.  I figured an admin error, so waited for my payment to go out (23rd) and cancelled the unused one.  Then I got an email from PP saying problem, DDI cancelled?  Note payment is showing on my PP account and no DDI returned by my bank.

Today, I have first deleted the existing DDI on my bank and afterward logged in here to set up another.  Same details entered as before.  I’m assuming the message was an auto-reply as PP got notification that a DDI was cancelled, even though not used.

I’m assuming this is rare, but, if this has happened to other members and is causing confusion I’d suggest a rule is  set up along the lines of:

IF DDI cancelled

THEN check if another is LIVE

IF TRUE then ENDIF

ELSE email MEMBER to request NEW

ENDIF

Hopefully the programmer bods will see and get the gist!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@bardo Where did you see the two DD’s

Were there two DD’s set up at the bank?

Purely out of interest, as I’m nosy

Are electricity and gas taken together as one DD, or separately?

Could it be that the electricity has switched, and therefore the DD has been taken; but the gas, which has a propensity for being delayed, hasn’t switched yet - and therefore is still to be taken? Thus causing Pure Planet to wonder why the second DD has been cancelled?

Not being Dual Fuel, I have no idea how this works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Purely out of interest, as I’m nosy

Are electricity and gas taken together as one DD, or separately?

Could it be that the electricity has switched, and therefore the DD has been taken; but the gas, which has a propensity for being delayed, hasn’t switched yet - and therefore is still to be taken? Thus causing Pure Planet to wonder why the second DD has been cancelled?

Not being Dual Fuel, I have no idea how this works.

One DD with DF

1. Yes, there were 2 PP DDIs from the same bank account, and I waited for first payment to be taken before cancelling the inactive one.
  2. I doubt 2 DDIs would be set up for dual fuel.  Think about it, more admin, potentially more cost, also more difficult to determine non payment e.g. if one DDI is paid, but the other not due to insufficient funds etc. 
  3. I’m not dual fuel.  Gas is so yesteryear.  (Gas boiler installations end in 2025) Hurray.  Save that butane for lighters, proprane for camping and methane for making fertilizer.
  4. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/13/hammond-says-gas-heating-will-be-replaced-by-low-carbon-systems