Solved

to budget my payments and pay the same each month

• 19 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Please can someone get back to me as soon as possible.

kind regards

fiona

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 19 October 2020, 14:37

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.

Is there anything we can help with?

If you're asking if you can pay the same amount each month instead of PPs 60/40 split, spring more during the winter period and less during the summer, then I'm afraid the answer is that its not possible atm. 

PP direct debit payment is split 60/40, to take account of more usage in the colder months.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.

Is there anything we can help with?

If you're asking if you can pay the same amount each month instead of PPs 60/40 split, spring more during the winter period and less during the summer, then I'm afraid the answer is that its not possible atm. 

PP direct debit payment is split 60/40, to take account of more usage in the colder months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Douglas80 

hi fiona

This has been asked before and as said it simply is not possible. PP are sticking with the warmer/colder split.

However if you have difficulties and need to discuss it with a PP employee use help and support>ask a question when logged into your account, persist through auto bot replies until it says your question has been passed to the team. You’ll get a reply within 3 days.

Please can someone get back to me as soon as possible.

kind regards

fiona

Hi @Douglas80 and fiona (:thinking: ) welcome to the community! Thanks for getting stuck in.

If we averaged payments for each month of the year, it could cause our Members to build up very high credits or debits, depending on the time of year they switched. That's why we take a little less in the warmer months, and a little more in the cooler months. 

This guide in our FAQs section may also be useful. 

I’m surprised there’s no option for customers to choose a 12 month equal payment option, given people keep asking for it. I understand the point about balances building up, but in my experience that has always evened out over the course of a year. 

Whether it’s sensible or not, it puts me off switching to Pure Planet and I wonder how many other people have felt the same and gone elsewhere. It’s a real shame when it’s one of the only plans offering to offset gas use and seems a relatively easy fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @whoopie 

https://community.purepla.net/testing-and-feedback-23/poll-would-you-you-prefer-12-equal-payments-or-pure-planet-s-60-40-split-11449

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I understand the point about balances building up, but in my experience that has always evened out over the course of a year. 

Hi @whoopie 

You're exactly right! That's what should happen under both systems - it's just that the intervening balances are likely to be higher and lower for most people under the 12 equal payments system.

Whether it’s sensible or not, it puts me off switching to Pure Planet and I wonder how many other people have felt the same and gone elsewhere. 

My guess is that most people are more interested in paying less over the year than paying more in 12 equal payments.

There are thousands on this community, and - others may disagree - less than a hundred have indicated this is a real problem.

My other guess is that if Pure Planet thought they were losing significant business because of this, they would have responded accordingly.

As has been said before, it's possible to open a current account specifically to pay Pure Planet, and pay 12 equal payments into that account.

You pays your money and you takes your choice!

Regards

Stephen

All sensible points Stephen and I do understand what you’re saying. 

I found Pure Planet through a switching service though and they actually aren’t the cheapest supplier for me. The draw was the fact they offer a greener tariff than most, but I did initially ignore them because of the payment plan. Minor niggle for sure, but still enough to put me off. 

You’re right though, my original priority was a greener tariff, turns out they’re pretty much the only one offering to offset gas and therefore I’ve chosen this over my niggle on payments :wink:  Had there been an alternative though, I would have chosen that.

I just think it’s a shame not to offer both - why miss any customer when you can keep everyone happy? It’s reassuring to see the support they clearly have on this forum though - I assume I’m in for good service! 

Thanks for this excellent feedback @whoopie 

And, obvs, big love for the brilliant username :laughing: