Solved

switched to Pure Planet but paying two direct debits

• 7 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I recently switched to Pure Planet for gas and electricity.

I missed the email asking for a meter reading. 

My  first payment to PP went out of my account on 7th August. I had recently paid my previous provider on 28th July and a further DD went out on 28th August. I then paid PP again on 7th September! So four Direct Debits instead of two!

​​​​​​

I then contacted my old provider. They say only a request for  a switch electric but  not gas has been received from PP. 

I am very confused and also very out of pocket and would appreciate an early reply. I will send an up to date meter reading when I'm asked.

thank you

Val Mcgifford

icon

Best answer by woz 7 September 2020, 16:12

hi @Valerieanne 

paying 2 providers is usual, so don’t panic about that yet as you’ll get any overpayment back once the switch is complete, but it might be an idea to contact your previous provider and ask them to reduce/suspend the dd while this is sorted.

You need to use help and support>ask a question (wattbot) either in app or online when logged in, so the team can check out what’s going on. I’d send meter readings anyway, it can’t do any harm and it might be an idea to send a photo of your gas meter showing the serial number. 

Ignore any bot replies and persist until you get a message saying your message has been sent to the team. Replies not instant, a day or 2 but you will get a reply.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Valerieanne 

paying 2 providers is usual, so don’t panic about that yet as you’ll get any overpayment back once the switch is complete, but it might be an idea to contact your previous provider and ask them to reduce/suspend the dd while this is sorted.

You need to use help and support>ask a question (wattbot) either in app or online when logged in, so the team can check out what’s going on. I’d send meter readings anyway, it can’t do any harm and it might be an idea to send a photo of your gas meter showing the serial number. 

Ignore any bot replies and persist until you get a message saying your message has been sent to the team. Replies not instant, a day or 2 but you will get a reply.

I’m experiencing the same issue. Thanks for the tips @woz :slight_smile:

Hey @Valerieanne @Sam_Maps 

Welcome to the Community :smiley:

Really good advice from @woz! Jumping in here to add that it can take up to 6 weeks from when you switch to us for your previous supplier to send your final bill (more info on that here) so that’s worth keeping in mind, too :thumbsup: