Solved

Switched to Octopus on 9-10-21, email says credit going to Shell Energy

• 25 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I switched to Octopus Energy on 9-10-21. I am still waiting for a refund of £126.70. Today I received an email saying my account will be switched to Shell Energy in January, and they will credit my balance to Shell Energy. I did not agree to this. I want the money credited to Octopus Energy.

icon

Best answer by woz 25 November 2021, 20:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is part of the administration process so yes you didn’t agree to it but it’s going to happen. As shell has agreed to take on PP customers and issue refunds to ex customers it will come from Shell and not go to Octopus

I appreciate that the refunds will be handled by Shell. However the emails being sent out are misleading in that they state I am now on Shell Energy’s Flexible 6 Variable tariff. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I appreciate that the refunds will be handled by Shell. However the emails being sent out are misleading in that they state I am now on Shell Energy’s Flexible 6 Variable tariff. 

@fossean good point, - its a generic catch-all email and also make sure they don’t try to switch you. It has happened to others.

Your refund will be transferred to Shell but in any event your “demand” is not in keeping with what would be normal procedure anyway as refunds are NEVER transferred to the company you switch to and would always come back to you/your bank, it’s just in your case it will detour via Shell.(eventually...)