Solved

Statements and annual use

• 18 July 2019
  • 5 replies

PP must be the only supplier where to get your annual usage you have to dig through old emails to find monthly statements. And no, the tiny usage graph that has no units on the axis isn't any use
icon

Best answer by woz 18 July 2019, 17:26

hi Tedz
this has already been raised and it's work in progress. I and others have said the same.
Also gas and electric should have their own charts. (with their own scales)
If it's any help the statement does have a rolling annual estimate on it (rhs) but that too is a mystery, although OK as a very rough guide.
Perhaps write your meter readings on a piece of paper or enter on a spreadsheet until this is improved, tbh as the usage chart stands at the moment it's the best way.
Tedz;33488:
PP must be the only supplier where to get your annual usage you have to dig through old emails to find monthly statements. And no, the tiny usage graph that has no units on the axis isn't any use
View original

5 replies

If you look at the app it will show you each months usage and you can scroll through and see how much you have used. I agree it does not show your total yearly usage but I havent used it for a full year so am not sure if it will do me a full years amount at the end of 12 months. That might be easier than finding all the emails.

​Erika
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Tedz
this has already been raised and it's work in progress. I and others have said the same.
Also gas and electric should have their own charts. (with their own scales)
If it's any help the statement does have a rolling annual estimate on it (rhs) but that too is a mystery, although OK as a very rough guide.
Perhaps write your meter readings on a piece of paper or enter on a spreadsheet until this is improved, tbh as the usage chart stands at the moment it's the best way.
Tedz;33488:
Hi Tedz,
As it's your first post to the Community Forum for PP customers....Welcome.

You've made 2 points really......I agree with you regarding the "usage graphs" at the minute they're not worth the "paper" they're "not printed on". The graphs are a work in progress...... I dont use them anymore, a waste of space.

However your second point regarding the annual usage......your App contains all your monthly usage figures, so no need to dig out your old statements. I'm sure that at a point in the future, this annual usage estimate may be incorporated into the App.

Tedz;33488:
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
good point well made Gray...it doesn't add them up for you, mind you even if it did it wouldn't be any annual use until a year had passed (which is hardly the fault of PP)
I still think a spreadsheet is a better option though.
​What would be useful in the app would be the ability to select a start and end month and work out a projected annual based on the monthly average ...in my dreams...
Gray4276;33527:
Hi Tedz,
As it's your first post to the Community Forum for PP customers....Welcome.

You've made 2 points really......I agree with you regarding the "usage graphs" at the minute they're not worth the "paper" they're "not printed on". The graphs are a work in progress...... I dont use them anymore, a waste of space.

However your second point regarding the annual usage......your App contains all your monthly usage figures, so no need to dig out your old statements. I'm sure that at a point in the future, this annual usage estimate may be incorporated into the App.
woz;33545:
good point well made...it doesn't add them up for you, mind you even if it did it wouldn't be any annual use until a year had passed (which is hardly the fault of PP)
I still think a spreadsheet is a better option though.
​What would be useful in the app would be the ability to select a start and end month and work out a projected annual based on the monthly average ...in my dreams...

Hi Woz,

I fully understand your sentiments with this thread..... as you know I'm a spreadsheet devote as well.
My worry with your "dream" is.... knowing PP's love of overcomplicated algorithms.... your dream could easily end as a nightmare. I prefer the KISS principle myself. Don't get me wrong, I want to see advancements too, but done simply and not over the top algorithms.