Solved

STATEMENT

• 23 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi
Could someone tell me why the opening balance is higher than the closing balance on my previous statement (yes the dates do follow on)
​Thanks
icon

Best answer by woz 23 July 2019, 14:16

hi jowells6
​Are you sure one of them isn't a consolidated (corrected) bill for more than one month? That would be the most likely explanation where the bills have been corrected previously estimated or figures updated. Have a look at where the readings start and end
The only way the community could help is if you were to post the bills with ALL personal details obliterated (name, meter nos etc)
You'll need to communicate this to PP direct go to help, type message the team and ask if above isn't the reason.
I just checked mine and Balance at last statement matches account balance on next statement in all cases. I can't see how it could be otherwise unless there has been a correction in the meanwhile.
More HERE
If not you need to type "message the team" into wattbot and ask your question, replies not instant, 24 hrs.
jowells6;33795:
Hi
Could someone tell me why the opening balance is higher than the closing balance on my previous statement (yes the dates do follow on)
​Thanks
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi jowells6
​Are you sure one of them isn't a consolidated (corrected) bill for more than one month? That would be the most likely explanation where the bills have been corrected previously estimated or figures updated. Have a look at where the readings start and end
The only way the community could help is if you were to post the bills with ALL personal details obliterated (name, meter nos etc)
You'll need to communicate this to PP direct go to help, type message the team and ask if above isn't the reason.
I just checked mine and Balance at last statement matches account balance on next statement in all cases. I can't see how it could be otherwise unless there has been a correction in the meanwhile.
More HERE
If not you need to type "message the team" into wattbot and ask your question, replies not instant, 24 hrs.
jowells6;33795:
Hi
​Thanks
Hi
Thanks for answering, I have messaged the team as even if there was a correction done somewhere I need to see that on a statement somewhere and should have been sent an up to date statement, don't you think?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi jowells6
yes agreed, not seen this one before, of course you should see a corrected bill if that's the case, I was wondering if the latest bill was actually a corrected bill which is why I suggested comparing the start and end readings, but it should be obvious by the bill if that's the case so a bit of a mystery....
Will you let us know the outcome?
​You haven't had a meter changed by any chance? Do all the meter numbers match on the 2 bills?
jowells6;33809:
Hi
Thanks for answering, I have messaged the team as even if there was a correction done somewhere I need to see that on a statement somewhere and should have been sent an up to date statement, don't you think?
Hey @jowells6

Just FYI I've moved this to our section all about Payments & billing🆙

Looks like Belle from our Member Services team explained the consolidated statement to you, glad this was all resolved. (nice one @woz 🆒)

If you have any other questions, there's plenty of friendly and knowledgeable members here on the Community who are happy to help 😮