Solved

Standing order

Hi I am a new member and found the transfer process seamless but am a bit unhappy about the summer and winter direct debits I would like to pay an all year average is this possible?
icon

Best answer by woz 27 June 2019, 16:23

hi GeorgeM
Great that switching went well.
with the payments it isn't possible, but since you're in the warmer period can't you set the money aside for the winter period?
Bear in mind the difference is not as big as it first seems. although the difference seems large it's only half of what it seems.
example
​Annual £1200 = £100 a month
or with PP
£80 warmer months or £20 less
£120 colder months or £20 more
I know that doesn't help but just pointing it out...
GeorgeM;32197:
Hi I am a new member and found the transfer process seamless but am a bit unhappy about the summer and winter direct debits I would like to pay an all year average is this possible?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi GeorgeM
Great that switching went well.
with the payments it isn't possible, but since you're in the warmer period can't you set the money aside for the winter period?
Bear in mind the difference is not as big as it first seems. although the difference seems large it's only half of what it seems.
example
​Annual £1200 = £100 a month
or with PP
£80 warmer months or £20 less
£120 colder months or £20 more
I know that doesn't help but just pointing it out...
GeorgeM;32197:
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just to add to Woz's wisdom, bear in mind the summer/winter arrangement also helps to stop you building up too much credit - better to earn interest for yourself than for Pure Planet!
All the best
Stephen
Hi GeorgeM and welcome to the Community forum for PP members.

PP's method of "splitting" the DD payments between Summer and Winter periods is different to other suppliers. It seems a bit counterintuitive at first..... but it does work very well. Bear in mind that PP will assess your DD payment plan every 6 months and will recommend a raising or lowering of your DD (If required)
I would advise you to take a little time to allow your account to stabilise before you get overly concerned.