Solved

Sold property and moved. Owed over £700 and being ignored

• 18 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Please help, I have asked to speak to a manager but had no reply from Whatbot since. I sold my property sending a meter reading right before the new owner moved in. I am owed over £700 which with moving house and the current climate on top of being vulnerable and unwell I desperately need this credit returned to me. Whatbot stated a minimum of THREE MONTHS for monies to be returned to me? I find this highly unacceptable and unheard of for monies I AM OWED? Please can a person respnd, this situation is HIGHLY stressful.

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 18 September 2021, 13:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can

when you moved out, did you complete the "moving out" but I the app, as per the following faq?:

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-out-what-do-i-do-10310

If you didn't, you need to do this. 

If you still need to contact PP, you can send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

If you log in, click 'help' at the bottom, then click 'Ask a question', Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq,  if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

You can then type in your message (and any photos, if necessary.)

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team'

please note it’s not a live-chat and it’ll be 2 or 3 working days before they’re able to reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Victoria1 

I don’t know where the 3 months came from but if you filled out the moving out section of your account it shouldn’t take more than 6 weeks to produce a final bill (usually less than 6 weeks) and if you’ve left the dd in place then a refund. (or in some cases a payment)

If you’ve cancelled the DD they won’t be able to refund you until you’ve given them details of where to pay the refund. Have you checked your emails?

Use wattbot as described, make sure it says your message has been passed to the team.

Hi Both,

Thank you for your responses and apologies I did not realise this forum was for customers only! 

I did complete all the necessary steps and contacted the team through whatbot. I've had a couple of staff from Pure Planet converse with me and they both are saying a minimum 16 weeks! I've asked them to raise a complaint and if this is not dealt with swiftly I will escalate this! Like I said to one of the staff on Whatbot I'm sure if I was a minimum of 3 months late paying my bill they wouldn't be so slow in trying to recoup monies owed to them!

So watch out guys if you are in credit and have to sell or move home!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Victoria1 

We obviously don't know all the details, but if the new occupier decided to switch away from PP, they may be disputing the readings, so it could take longer than normal. Did the team give a reason why it is taking so long? Possibly due to data protection rules they are unable to inform you

Hi Duppy,

The only reason given for the unacceptable amount of time it's going to take to recoup funds is due to their "manual processes". If they need a hand I'll happily pitch in to speed things up, because this whole situation is utterly ridiculous to me.

Hello @Victoria1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Thanks everyone for jumping in to help @Victoria1!

I’ve flagged this with our Member Services team - they’ll be in touch with you today, they’ll also be able to explain why this process is a long one! Here on the Community we’re unable to access your accounts so this isn’t something we can answer, but hopefully the team will be able to bring some clarity on this!

I hope this helps!

Hi Mads,

Great thank you so much for helping! It's very much appreciated! I was Starting to feel like I was banging my head against a wall, or a Whatbot! 😂

Thanks all who have offered advice, what a lovely bunch 😊

Good morning @Victoria1 - you’re very welcome!:blush: