Question

solar panels

• 26 April 2021
  • 3 replies

My solar panels are working fine but they don’t seem to feeding into the electric as my bills are still high. The solar panels are fine this has been confirmed by the company that owns them but I need pure planet to check the electric meter but no way of calling them I have sent messages 

3 replies

Hi @1vicky2st 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community

My solar panels are working fine but they don’t seem to feeding into the electric as my bills are still high.

Are the bills, estimated, based on smart meter readings, or based on readings submitted by yourself?

The solar panels are fine this has been confirmed by the company that owns them but I need pure planet to check the electric meter but no way of calling them I have sent messages 

Has WattBot told you that it’s passed your message to ‘The Team’ (Member Services) if it has, have more than 3 working days passed since you sent the message(s)

The Community has no access to any contact details for Pure Planet other than the generally available, WattBot, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and one single email address, which apparently isn’t as quick as messaging the team via WattBot  - help@purepla.net.

​​​​​​​

Thanks the readings are submitted by myself each month 

Hi @1vicky2st,

You say your electric bill is still high. What was your daily grid usage before the panels and what is it now? Has the grid usage changed at all? Also, do you have a battery and do you use a lot of electric overnight?

How does the company know the panels are working ok? Surely panels that dont power the property can't be classed as working.

Do you have a smart meter? Have you checked the export reading to see what that is?

If the panels are generating, but you aren't exporting and are still importing the same as normal then that sounds like a solar installation problem more than a meter issue.