Solved

Smart meters

• 3 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ve just had a smart electric and gas meter fitted. When the installer fitted these they took readings from the original meters. I’ve just had my latest bill from Pure Planet and they have asked for readings. But the meters are now smart and readable by the supplier so I waited to see if it was just a mistake. But no, they have now estimated my bill because I did not provide a reading. Worse still, it appears they have not registered the gas meter change and are assuming we are on the same old meter. Who can I talk to, to sort this out?
icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 3 September 2019, 08:59

Hi, you still have to submit readings until PP get everything sorted at their end.

there are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.
You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
Then you need to type in 'message the team'
then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi, you still have to submit readings until PP get everything sorted at their end.

there are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.
You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
Then you need to type in 'message the team'
then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Bartman
it takes a while for the new meters to be registered, as a belt and braces it won't hurt to send PP photos of the new meters via wattbot.
Also as said SM's still in the trial stage so you may be asked to submit readings for a while.
It can/will take many weeks for your billing to be updated with the new meters.
You will eventually receive a corrected bill but patience is required.
Bartman;36719:
Hi, I’ve just had a smart electric and gas meter fitted. When the installer fitted these they took readings from the original meters. I’ve just had my latest bill from Pure Planet and they have asked for readings. But the meters are now smart and readable by the supplier so I waited to see if it was just a mistake. But no, they have now estimated my bill because I did not provide a reading. Worse still, it appears they have not registered the gas meter change and are assuming we are on the same old meter. Who can I talk to, to sort this out?