Question

Shell Transfer a fiasco

Userlevel 1

Not sure how other people have found the transfer to Shell, but for me it has not been good. Shell have now provided me with what they believe to be my transfer readings and the Gas is way out almost double versus my current smart meter reading and the last bill from PP. They have been informed, but seem too busy to deal with it.

24 replies

Badge +5

@psionguy I have had no problems so far, my Shell account starts with the correct readings up to 17th October last and they recently, through their app, asked me to send in a new reading despite elsewhere on their site being told there is no need if on a smart meter. They have not yet submitted a bill, that will be on or after the 5th January, but I have calculated what it will be.

I assume Shell have your final PP reading from October last but what they have now does not equate to what the meter shows. Sounds like they have not accessed the smart meter, and I wonder if you have otherwise submitted a reading in their app? If not then I suggest you do and it may rectify matters. It does not sound like a PP issue if Shell are showing the final reading you had from PP. 

I am not familiar with the Shell app (yet) but suggest you follow up with Shell via their help function.

It does sound like Shell are not accessing our smart meters yet and if a user has not submitted a reading they are making a stab in the dark about what it is. Hardly satisfactory and I wonder if others are seeing the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@psionguy 

This has been reported previously, 

Badge +5

@psionguy

This has been reported previously, 

@Duppy I thought the subject was familiar!! !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Personally everything has moved very smoothly for me (as far as I can tell) sorry to hear you’ve had issues. 

they have been shut a lot with the bank holidays (rightly so) so this may have impacted on their response time and not that they are too busy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think they are isolated incidents, although if affected could be worrying. As Nataly says in the post, shell will take action in a few working days, and there haven't been many of those. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes, we have another Bank Holiday Monday, doubt normality will resume until Wednesday. My readings are requested for Wednesday, so hoping then the app may be fully working, but if not I will continue using the website. Luckily my transferred readings are spot on, and to date, communication from Shell has been fine. 

Hopefully you’ll get a reply @psionguy Tuesday or Wednesday. Makes it stressful, definitely, but hopefully it’ll get sorted swiftly 🤞

Userlevel 1

I am hopeful this will be resolved as I have my last bill from PP plus meter reading photos from both smart meter and main gas meter which all tell the same story. It will be difficult for shell to contest this information, although this is still stressful.

Userlevel 1

@psionguy I have had no problems so far, my Shell account starts with the correct readings up to 17th October last and they recently, through their app, asked me to send in a new reading despite elsewhere on their site being told there is no need if on a smart meter. They have not yet submitted a bill, that will be on or after the 5th January, but I have calculated what it will be.

I assume Shell have your final PP reading from October last but what they have now does not equate to what the meter shows. Sounds like they have not accessed the smart meter, and I wonder if you have otherwise submitted a reading in their app? If not then I suggest you do and it may rectify matters. It does not sound like a PP issue if Shell are showing the final reading you had from PP. 

I am not familiar with the Shell app (yet) but suggest you follow up with Shell via their help function.

It does sound like Shell are not accessing our smart meters yet and if a user has not submitted a reading they are making a stab in the dark about what it is. Hardly satisfactory and I wonder if others are seeing the same.

I did try to submit my current Gas meter reading, but as the shell gas start reading was greater thsn my current end meter reading it would not except it.

@psionguy I have had no problems so far, my Shell account starts with the correct readings up to 17th October last and they recently, through their app, asked me to send in a new reading

Same here, although I haven’t supplied the new reading yet, plan to do so tomorrow all going well.

Badge +5

@Bev The Shell app accepts readings without any problem. 
@psionguy That does sound like the fault referred to earlier which Shell acknowledged. It should sort itself out but expect a delay due to the time of year.

Badge +5

@psionguy The links in this page may help:

https://www.shellenergy.co.uk/blog/post/welcome-pure-planet-customers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes I shall give the app a try tomoz our Rich, when readings are due. Deffo 👍

Userlevel 1

@Bev The Shell app accepts readings without any problem. 
@psionguy That does sound like the fault referred to earlier which Shell acknowledged. It should sort itself out but expect a delay due to the time of year.

Sorry but this is not true, have tried both online and the APP, it will not let me enter my correct reading as it is lower that their start reading.

Badge +5

@psionguy It is actually true for most of us are able to enter readings but unfortunately it is not true for a few, one of whom is yourself, as mentioned, and dealt with elsewhere in this subject.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @psionguy - sorry to hear you’ve had issues with the transfer over to Shell.

You’ve had top class advice from @G4RHL , @Lapa , @Duppy , @Bev and @Gwyndy so there’s nothing else I need to add!  Thanks all for the great responses.

We’re back to normal opening hours now so please do get in touch via Member Services, @psionguy and they’ll see you right!

Userlevel 1

Thank you to all of the community that has responded to my post, clearly on this occasion I am at the mercy of Shell Energy, how such a simple procedure could go so wrong is a mystery and I probably will never get to the bottom of it. The community at PP has been fantastic and will surely be missed as we move to our new supplies.

With regards to this incident it is now closed but I will continue to try and bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion.

Badge +5

@psionguy Thanks for your post. I am sure you are right, whilst all will be sorted we will never be told what was cocked up. A guess is the data held by PP is/was not in the same format or software as used by Shell and this prevented a simple transfer of all data for each customer, instead of it coming across in dribs and drabs.

Anyway the sun is shining up here! Long may it continue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hope you get it sorted @psionguy as you don’t want the stress so early on. Fingers crossed, it’ll be a tiny error and all get sorted swiftly. 

Userlevel 4

Mines has went smoothly with opening reads being correct, I submitted readings to shell today for bill tomorrow, throughout January hopefully direct debit, transfer of credit and connections of smart meters will happen but all takes time.

They have only transferred my Electric and not the Gas. When I have emailed them and asked them to confirm they will be transferring my gas, they just replied that they can confirm they are only transferring my electric. 

Badge +5

@Alice Donut Why the abuse? Not necessary.

@Alice Donut Why the abuse? Not necessary.

Personally they have not transferred my gas account as stated and their customer service is bad. Seismic surveys by Shell in whale breeding grounds halted by South African court | The Independent

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please no profanities in the chat 

Thanks for flagging this @Bev and @G4RHL - I have removed any profanity as this is against our Community guidelines. :thumbsup: