Solved

Query on billing

• 25 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just received my first (and I guess final) bill from Pure Planet. It is much, much larger than what I was expecting. My query is regarding the below, the energy used figure, how is this calculated? I always thought this figure should be the difference between the two meter readings? (I don’t have any old bills to refer back to sadly). The meter readings themselves are pretty much correct.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 26 November 2021, 10:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That looks like a typo. Contact the team by going to help and contact the team on the app or website. We can only advise on the forum but customer service would be able to look into that and amend accordingly. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks, I also think it looks like a typo or some sort of mistake. I’ve got an open query on watt bot but haven’t got very far yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s not an automatic response but they will reply. May take up to 3 working days but the team are  on the case :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Rahul88 

for starters, just to add, I notice the first reading is listed as your “opening“ read. So notwithstanding the incorrect maths (*which is not incorrect- see later)  that is puzzling as I would have thought the final bill should be calculated from the last true reading ‘till they went bust?

On the other hand this could be just a revised recalculation of the total from when the contract started as it’s only Jul, Aug and Sept.

*Putting that to one side for the moment and I’ll tell you the real reason for what you’re seeing because I’ve seen it happen before on one other account.

There is a 5 times multiplier set on your account in error, this is not something that PP have any control over it comes along with the meter references and needs to be corrected at source. 

have a read of that thread, find some earlier statements (they will be in your email too)  and good luck getting it sorted in the circumstances.

Userlevel 1

@Rahul88

for starters, just to add, I notice the first reading is listed as your “opening“ read. So notwithstanding the incorrect maths (*which is not incorrect- see later)  that is puzzling as I would have thought the final bill should be calculated from the last true reading ‘till they went bust?

On the other hand this could be just a revised recalculation of the total from when the contract started as it’s only Jul, Aug and Sept.

*Putting that to one side for the moment and I’ll tell you the real reason for what you’re seeing because I’ve seen it happen before on one other account.

There is a 5 times multiplier set on your account in error, this is not something that PP have any control over it comes along with the meter references and needs to be corrected at source. 

have a read of that thread, find some earlier statements (they will be in your email too)  and good luck getting it sorted in the circumstances.

Hi, thanks for this. I only joined pure planet in July, hence why I don’t have anything to compare this bill to. 
interesting regarding the multiplier, I only moved into the property in March. The previous electric supplier really struggled to get my account set up and said there was an issue with the meter, and only managed to send a bill last month for the March-July period (although the bill they did send seemed roughly correct based on our previous usage at our old house). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Rahul88 

whatever happens the multiplier will need to be gone, now that you know the issue they should be able to suggest a way forward, the only question is will PP be able to start the correction process or will you have to rely on Shell to do that.

Hey @Rahul88 

This is a fantastic spot from @woz - if you let our Member Services team know, they should be able to look into this for you. 

Once your message has been sent to the team, they’ll reply within one working day. 

Sometimes WattBot may need a little prompt to pass you through to them - for example ‘message the team’. Since this needs looking into by the team, it may be worth typing that, too. :slight_smile:

Hey @Rahul88 

Just another quick update for you! I just had a chat about this with our Industry Operations team, to see what can be done about this in the current situation. 

They’ve let me know that they’ll be able to correct the final bill you’ve been sent from us.

However, this issue occurs when there’s incorrect meter details for the property. Because Pure Planet has ceased trading, they won’t be able to fix the incorrect details within the wider energy industry I’m afraid. 

What that means is, once your account’s been transferred to Shell, it’d be best to get in touch with them ASAP to let them know that your meter details are incorrect, and applying a 5x multiplier to your usage. Their Operations team would then be able to look into this further for you. 

I really hope that helps!

@Rahul88 Your bill should have been around £91. When contacting PP you need some assurance that the figure is transferred to Shell. Surprised the bug is still there but probably it won’t be fixed now.

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks all. Customer services on the watt bot have acknowledged the issue now and are generating a new bill for me.