Solved

Pure Planet still taking Direct Debit although I have switched

• 12 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi. I switched away from Pure Planet shortly before they ceased trading. My account was in credit but I was advised to keep the Direct Debit in place so that I could be refunded. At the beginning of November PP took a payment from me, so this month I have made two payments for energy. There is no option to set the Direct Debit to zero, and I really don’t want this to happen again. I contacted Pure Planet but there has been no response. Has this happened to anyone else? Could anyone give me advice please? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Antski 12 November 2021, 16:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Jenny. Yes quite a few people have had the same thing and posted about it here. Until your final bill is issued the Direct Debit will continue to come out. You should then be refunded any balance due, but if you cancel the direct debit it may take longer to be repaid. The whole process is reported to be taking longer anyway because of the account switch to Shell.

Make sure that you contact Pure Planet through Wattbot, answers take a few working days, but emails don't really work for billing and balance queries.

See the link below for the official answer on your question.

It must be time for a dedicated Direct Debit/Credit Balance/Debit Balance page!