Solved

Previous Electric Energy Company Account Closure

• 22 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello i have had interactions with my previous energy supplier 

Bulb Energy telling me my account is still active and there after payment for energy use according to them

Why was my previous electric energy suppliers account not closed down 

after i changed to you on 3rd October 2020 

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 22 December 2020, 12:25

Hello i have had interactions with my previous energy supplier Bulb Energy telling me my account is still active and there after payment for energy use according to them

Why was my previous electric energy suppliers account not closed down after i changed to you on 3rd October 2020 

Hi @Gordon007 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

I can’t tell you why your account with Bulb wasn’t closed down on 3rd October 2020.

Firstly: because the community have no access to account information.

Secondly: because only Bulb can tell you why they have not closed your account - from switching to receipt of final bill should take approximately 6 weeks, assuming that nothing goes wrong.

I have more questions than answers.

Are Bulb claiming you have not, so far as they are concerned, switched to Pure Planet entirely?

Are you a dual fuel customer, and Bulb are saying one of either your electricity, or your gas, has not transferred to Pure Planet yet? 

Have you compared your the MPAN numbers on your meter to the MPAN numbers on your account to check you’ve not had what’s referred to as an ‘erroneous transfer’ (when someone living close to your address is transferred by the system in error)?

Your best option is probably to use WattBot, and ask it to investigate, it should put you through to Member Services, but with Christmas around the corner, you may have to wait for an answer.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy

View original

2 replies

Hello i have had interactions with my previous energy supplier Bulb Energy telling me my account is still active and there after payment for energy use according to them

Why was my previous electric energy suppliers account not closed down after i changed to you on 3rd October 2020 

Hi @Gordon007 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

I can’t tell you why your account with Bulb wasn’t closed down on 3rd October 2020.

Firstly: because the community have no access to account information.

Secondly: because only Bulb can tell you why they have not closed your account - from switching to receipt of final bill should take approximately 6 weeks, assuming that nothing goes wrong.

I have more questions than answers.

Are Bulb claiming you have not, so far as they are concerned, switched to Pure Planet entirely?

Are you a dual fuel customer, and Bulb are saying one of either your electricity, or your gas, has not transferred to Pure Planet yet? 

Have you compared your the MPAN numbers on your meter to the MPAN numbers on your account to check you’ve not had what’s referred to as an ‘erroneous transfer’ (when someone living close to your address is transferred by the system in error)?

Your best option is probably to use WattBot, and ask it to investigate, it should put you through to Member Services, but with Christmas around the corner, you may have to wait for an answer.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello i have had interactions with my previous energy supplier 

Bulb Energy telling me my account is still active and there after payment for energy use according to them

Why was my previous electric energy suppliers account not closed down 

after i changed to you on 3rd October 2020 

hi @Gordon007 

you need to ask bulb if both of your supplies have switched and if so why they haven’t produced a final bill. They’ll probably tell you they are waiting for the opening readings for PP (their closing readings.Or some other reason.

Once you have their excuses you can ask PP to chase, or you can ask PP anyway but better if you have some info from bulb.