Solved

Please use my actual meter reading not your estimated reading

• 18 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I have submitted actual readings and you keep using your estimated readings. Please use the actual reading. The property is currently empty and your estimted usage for the year is incorrect. Please update my account ASAP.
icon

Best answer by Duppy 18 January 2020, 10:52

Hi MarkFlanagan
Welcome to the community.

When you post here you are talking to fellow customers not to Pure Planet, but we are willing to help.
When you get a reminder email it gives a date by which to submit your readings, if you submit on this date you will not get estimated readings.
https://community.purepla.net/content/152-sent-meter-reading-statement-shows-estimate-meter-reading#ckb_start.

Pure Planet have no way of knowing that the property is unoccupied, and will base estimates on the figures you gave when you initiated the switch to PP, and if you want to stop estimated readings you can either submit your readings on the date specified or contact PP via Wattbot and inform them that the consumption is low due to being empty.
​​​​​​​Your account is updated each time you submit your readings
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi MarkFlanagan
Welcome to the community.

When you post here you are talking to fellow customers not to Pure Planet, but we are willing to help.
When you get a reminder email it gives a date by which to submit your readings, if you submit on this date you will not get estimated readings.
https://community.purepla.net/content/152-sent-meter-reading-statement-shows-estimate-meter-reading#ckb_start.

Pure Planet have no way of knowing that the property is unoccupied, and will base estimates on the figures you gave when you initiated the switch to PP, and if you want to stop estimated readings you can either submit your readings on the date specified or contact PP via Wattbot and inform them that the consumption is low due to being empty.
​​​​​​​Your account is updated each time you submit your readings
Hi @MarkFlanagan,

The only way to ensure that PP only use "Actual Readings" and don't need to "estimate" your usage......is to submit your meter readings on the specified date indicated in the reminder email.
If you submit your readings before this date then PP will estimate your usage between your submitted date and your accounting billing period date (the date given in your reminder email)
If, for example, the date is the 5th of Feb......submit your readings on the 5th Feb......(no estimate required)
If, for example, the date is the 5th Feb.....and you submit on the 3rd Feb......PP will estimate from 3rd Feb to 5th Feb

However, if you are submitting your readings close to the correct date (i.e. only a few days) then the estimate will be very small, and will be contained in your next statement anyway.

Hope this helps explain the reason for your estimated readings.

​​​​​​​I neither work for nor represent PP I'm simply a satisfied customer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Mark
as per other replies this won't add much but to add, you will only ever be charged for what you use BUT your statement balance will fluctuate according to whether you use more or less than expected.
As you know your direct debit isn't variable month to month, if your statement balance persistently increases when you are submitting readings (once a month is fine but no matter if you miss the odd one) PP will eventually pick this up and recalculate but that could take some time.
So..
Go to help and support, ask wattbot, type message the team and explain preferrably with an estimate of your future use if you know or if you have a figure in mind, and PP will adjust the DD to suit and refund if you are way over what your balance should be (which is approx a month's average payment).
Any figures you have submitted will appear on the statement (have a look, if not post back?), the estimate is just for those days from when you submitted to the statement date and is likely immaterial to your query.
​​​​​​​
MarkFlanagan;46626:
I have submitted actual readings and you keep using your estimated readings. Please use the actual reading. The property is currently empty and your estimted usage for the year is incorrect. Please update my account ASAP.