Solved

please leave me alone

• 9 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I’m sick of this company, I’ve left and your still trying to charge me (I’m not talking about my final bill) I’m about 1 step away from going over this daft companies head. I’ve never been so annoyed with a company in my life. Please leave me alone and stop charging me for no reason 

icon

Best answer by woz 9 February 2021, 18:55

@CoffeeBean9 

This is a lot clearer now, your issues are really caused by the way the energy market works for (almost) everyone, and the fact that you were not aware of how it works.

When you leave an energy provider they can’t bill you until they know what they are billing you for. If you switch to another provider the readings are agreed between a 3rd party and the two providers, if you just leave a property they can only go by what you enter as the almost final readings (they may estimate a couple of days or so if you give them before you leave) and possibly the opening readings of the new occupant if it happens quickly enough.

As a consequence of the timing of all of this which varies in every case (one person may have just paid their dd, another person may be just due to pay it) and that they have 6 weeks to produce the final bill, all energy companies continue to take your direct debit until the final bill is produced, then you get any excess back.
You can ask them if you are in good credit to reduce the dd until the final bill is produced.

In your case PP have done nothing wrong, the acted according to what you signed up for, they either took the dd because the bill wasn’t yet finalised, or they took it because it was to pay your final bill. That’s what you and every other person signed up for.

There is a mechanism to disagree about the changeover or final reading being incorrect but that is not relevant at the moment.

PP don’t have control over whether you have the money in your account to pay the dd when it arrives, and what’s more according to the direct debit scheme they HAVE to inform you of any payment they are going to take in advance (if it’s different from what you’ve already agreed to)

Presumably the DD came as a big surprise to you because either you didn’t understand all of this, OR you missed a communication. Sadly you can’t just shout leave me alone when you’re in an energy contract, although I suspect there are lots of people who think you should do!

What are the “more payment things” you disagree with?

I’m sorry if you think this is a harsh reply, and I admit I don’t have all of the facts, but I hope it does help clarify.

I don’t work for PP,  but this is in response to your post which makes it seem as though PP are hounding you.

(ducking now….)

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

When you post on here you are NOT talking to anyone at Pure Planet, this is a community forum and you are talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. 

May I suggest you email:

email address is help@purepla.net

But I’m not sure what else I can do to get their attention, I guess I could complain 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@CoffeeBean9 Without further details of what you mean by charging you you won’t get any meaningful help here.

If you’ve had the final bill and paid it why are they trying to charge you and how are they trying to charge you? If you cancelled the direct debit that will have caused problems as they won’t be able to settle the bill without intervention from you.

If you’ve paid and you have the documentation and they are still trying to take money you need to open a dialogue with them, not with the community because we can’t help you.

Give us more details and we might be able to figure out what’s happened or...

https://purepla.net/complaints

I mean you tried to take a direct debit yesterday which put me in to an unauthorised overdraft, which I thankfully got recalled, then got an email this morning say they would phone me, which they haven’t. I then cancelled  my direct debit so they couldn’t do it again. But there are more payment things which I don’t agree with, but this is my main issue 

Hi @CoffeeBean9 

Can we please clarify:

1: When did you leave?

2: Have you had your final bill?

3: If so, have you already paid it?

It may help us to work out what to advise you to do.

Thanks
Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@CoffeeBean9 

This is a lot clearer now, your issues are really caused by the way the energy market works for (almost) everyone, and the fact that you were not aware of how it works.

When you leave an energy provider they can’t bill you until they know what they are billing you for. If you switch to another provider the readings are agreed between a 3rd party and the two providers, if you just leave a property they can only go by what you enter as the almost final readings (they may estimate a couple of days or so if you give them before you leave) and possibly the opening readings of the new occupant if it happens quickly enough.

As a consequence of the timing of all of this which varies in every case (one person may have just paid their dd, another person may be just due to pay it) and that they have 6 weeks to produce the final bill, all energy companies continue to take your direct debit until the final bill is produced, then you get any excess back.
You can ask them if you are in good credit to reduce the dd until the final bill is produced.

In your case PP have done nothing wrong, the acted according to what you signed up for, they either took the dd because the bill wasn’t yet finalised, or they took it because it was to pay your final bill. That’s what you and every other person signed up for.

There is a mechanism to disagree about the changeover or final reading being incorrect but that is not relevant at the moment.

PP don’t have control over whether you have the money in your account to pay the dd when it arrives, and what’s more according to the direct debit scheme they HAVE to inform you of any payment they are going to take in advance (if it’s different from what you’ve already agreed to)

Presumably the DD came as a big surprise to you because either you didn’t understand all of this, OR you missed a communication. Sadly you can’t just shout leave me alone when you’re in an energy contract, although I suspect there are lots of people who think you should do!

What are the “more payment things” you disagree with?

I’m sorry if you think this is a harsh reply, and I admit I don’t have all of the facts, but I hope it does help clarify.

I don’t work for PP,  but this is in response to your post which makes it seem as though PP are hounding you.

(ducking now….)