Solved

Paying upfront for a year

• 29 October 2020
  • 6 replies

How do I pay a years bill up front so I don't have to pay monthly direct debit please? 

icon

Best answer by woz 29 October 2020, 21:16

@Vickyp As far as I know that isn’t possible, it’s not how PP are set up, but as an alternative you could ask PP to up your Direct debit by an obscene amount then after a few months ask for a review and ask them to reduce it. They might agree….or not…

Whatever happens you’ll need to have a DD set up.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Vickyp As far as I know that isn’t possible, it’s not how PP are set up, but as an alternative you could ask PP to up your Direct debit by an obscene amount then after a few months ask for a review and ask them to reduce it. They might agree….or not…

Whatever happens you’ll need to have a DD set up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Vickyp 

Why? I'm genuinely curious. I know interest rates are low, but why would you want to help Pure Planet's bank account rather than your own? And though I have every confidence that Pure Planet will still be here in a year's time, with the number of smaller energy companies that have folded in recent months, I'd prefer to keep my cash investment as low as possible, even though any credit with energy companies is protected. So, as I said, genuinely curious.

Stephen

I'm unsure about my own job security 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Why don't you open another current account, deposit in there the amount of money you think you're gonna spend in the next year on gas and electric, then set up your DD from that account.

So that account is set up specifically for your gas and electric.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Vickyp 

These are very difficult times for people concerned about their jobs - and it's good you want to make sure you pay your important bills first.

@Angelabikerbabe has given good advice - open that account with Virgin Money and you can get 2% interest... switch to Lloyd's and they'll give you £100 within a few days. Just check the terms first…

All the best

Stephen

Hi

Why don't you open another current account, deposit in there the amount of money you think you're gonna spend in the next year on gas and electric, then set up your DD from that account.

So that account is set up specifically for your gas and electric.

This is basically what we do for all our essential living cost bills, about 1-2 years ahead. I recommend the approach.