Solved

OUTSTANDING MONIES OWED DESPITE ACCOUNT CLOSED

• 17 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Thank you for the final bill.  I have tried to access accounts online but unable to so have worked through all the bills you have sent via email.  

I have worked out that the total bills were £1005.66 and the total amount paid in direct debits £1150.24.  There is a credit of £90.99 but that still leaves £53.59 that is owed to me.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 20 November 2020, 18:18

Hi @Superhero 

Sometimes, refunds may be sent in more than one payment - so it’s worth checking if you’ve since received the full refund? 

@Gwyndy has given some top advice on how to get in touch with the team to look into this and make sure your final account balance is sorted, if you need :slight_smile:

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Superhero 

Probably the first thing to say is that when you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet, and no-one reading this has access to your account.

But it's possible that community members can offer some helpful guidance…

My guess from reading your post is that you have switched away from Pure Planet, and have just received your final bill?

And you can't work out how the final bill has been arrived at; in fact you think it's wrong?

Presumably you have your final meter reading/first meter reading that you gave to your new supplier? Does that match the final reading shown on your bill?

You certainly did a lot of research to go through all your bills - was there a reason you didn't trust the balance shown on your last bill before the final one?

Hopefully the final question - does your final bill indicate a different figure to the £53.59 you have calculated?

If you have kept your direct debit open, then you will receive the credit due. If you haven't, then you will need to reply to the email that sent your final bill, it should explain how to get your credit (my understanding is that you give them some dates and times that they can call you...)

Hope that helps. If you need more help, post back here with the answers to the questions.

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Superhero 

I’m a bit confused by your post. Are you saying that you haven’t had the final bill yet? The monies owed or billed will depend only on the final readings used on the final bill and whatever balance you owed or had left. Are those readings correct  or is what you wrote theoretical?

The standing charge should be calculated pro-rata to the date of your switch or leaving.

The better way to work it out would be to look at the last statement you have, note the figures used for the readings on that statement and any balance. Then work out the units cost from those figures to when you left (closing readings) and the pro rata standing charge or mem fee (same thing)  (if variable tariff then (£96/365 per day) less any pro rata dual fuel discount £30/365 per day)

subtract that from your last balance, add any direct debits taken and that should be the final figure

I’m sorry for the confusion! I am new to this and felt frustrated that I could not email the accounts team or talk to someone from Pure Planet.

Yes, I have switched supplier and received the final bill.

Taking all that has been said above, the bills for gas and electricity used, including standing charges, totalled £1005.66.  

The total amount paid to Pure Planet in direct debits was £1150.24.  

Therefore there is a credit of £144.58.  

I have received a credit into the bank of £90.99 but that still leaves £53.59 owing to me.

How do I get in touch with someone from Pure Planet who can resolve this.

Hi @Superhero 

If you still have the app installed on your phone, or you are still able to log in at purepla.net, you should be able to send a message via WattBot.

To do this:

Top right three bars.
Get help and support.
Ask a question.

If you’ve received any emails from Pure Planet about leaving, they may contain some other methods of contact.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m sorry for the confusion! I am new to this and felt frustrated that I could not email the accounts team or talk to someone from Pure Planet.

Yes, I have switched supplier and received the final bill.

Taking all that has been said above, the bills for gas and electricity used, including standing charges, totalled £1005.66.  

The total amount paid to Pure Planet in direct debits was £1150.24.  

Therefore there is a credit of £144.58.  

I have received a credit into the bank of £90.99 but that still leaves £53.59 owing to me.

How do I get in touch with someone from Pure Planet who can resolve this.

hi @Superhero 

I don’t dispute your addition but I do query your method. 

Here is why, if you’re correct then the final statement must be wrong by £53. Is it?

Have you actually tried spinning around in the nearest telephone box (disinfect it first) donning your superhero cape on the way out (add some dramatic music that always helps) and trying what I suggested above even if it’s only as a check?

I’m almost willing to bet you’ve missed something….and the reason I say this is if your supposition is correct then there must be a discrepancy of £53.59 somewhere in the chain, from start  to end. The likelihood of that is small, because you’d notice it!

Look at the last readings on your pre-final statement, look at the balance on that statement, then work out the unit costs and standing charges from there up to your final agreed readings and subtract any dd’s made since the pre-final statement.

IF it works out correctly you have an error somewhere else, which you are saying is an overcharge of £53.59. If it doesn’t work out correctly then something else is askew

Otherwise as previous reply you can use help&support>ask a Q (wattbot) in app.

Hi @Superhero 

Sometimes, refunds may be sent in more than one payment - so it’s worth checking if you’ve since received the full refund? 

@Gwyndy has given some top advice on how to get in touch with the team to look into this and make sure your final account balance is sorted, if you need :slight_smile: