Solved

Need help please on what to do

• 25 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I really need help please.

I’m listed under vulnerable and therefore pure planet should of been coming to my house to take meter readings.  Apparently this was only done a few days prior to ceasing as i was told my account was £550 in debt which needed to be paid.  I explained that i couldn’t make a card payment for this as i’m on universal credits due to covid but last month they £394.98 and this month apparently doing they are taking the same when normally my bill is £144.65.

When I spoke to the lady on the phone I did explain all this and the one thing she was going to do she’s not done which is the energy grant im entitled to which you can’t apply for now with either company.

I have tried to get a refund but that can’t happen due to ceasing and shell can’t help as switch hasn’t officially gone across as they not emailed me an account number.

So my question is do i just cancel my DD and inform bank or will this affect my credit rating IDK?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Nataly 25 November 2021, 16:39

View original

1 reply

Hi @Jennifer 

I’ve flagged this one with our Member Services team, who’ve let me know you received a Direct Debit review this afternoon, about paying off any debit on the account. 

Please don’t worry - they’ll be happy to discuss the payments with you, and explain what’s going on. 

I’ve let them know about your Community post, so they’ll read through this, and your review, and then send another email to explain further. It’s best to reply to their email directly, as here on the Community we don’t have access to Members’ accounts. 

If you’re not happy with the suggested payments, they’ll be able to work through this with you directly. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps provide some reassurance.