Solved

My first payment is different to what is on my monthly statement

• 19 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello, I have just been debited 65.42£ however on my monthly statement, my spend for this period is 42.71£.

Could you please explain?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 19 August 2019, 18:42

Guillaumelussato;35808:
I understand the model, but if the estimated Direct Debit is completely off the reality, is there a review/correction being done by PP and how does it work?
​Thanks.

Hi there

First, if you have been at the property for a year and have your current supplier's statements, it's easy to get the estimate pretty close.

If that's not possible, then you can ask for a review of your direct debits at any time - and every six months Pure Planet check to see if you are on track, and if not they suggest a change. I've just had an email after my regular check.

Best wishes
Stephen
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
All DDs are fixed. So the amount you have been debited would've been the same as you had debited last month.
​Ok but I am new to Pure planet, this is my first direct debit so I would like to understand how it works if the direct debit is always more than the monthly statement, is there going to be a correction at some point? because I wouldn't want to pay more than what I am consuming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Guillaumelussato and welcome to PP

Please don't take this the wrong way but you have completely misunderstood the way PP and most other energy companies work.
It's not a pay as you go contract.
To explain:
Your quote is based on your annual consumption, either estimated by PP or figures you submitted, and then with PP it's split into 12 monthly payments. These are calculated so you pay 60% of your annual over the colder and 40% of your annual over warmer months (cold Oct-March, warm April-Sept.) Your payment will increase in October and reduce in April. (Your Oct payment will be about £98)
Your balance statement will fluctuate through the year, you would normally expect it to be around one months average payment when the dd is paid.
Post back if you need more help.

Guillaumelussato;35766:
Hello, I have just been debited 65.42£ however on my monthly statement, my spend for this period is 42.71£.

Could you please explain?

Thanks
I understand the model, but if the estimated Direct Debit is completely off the reality, is there a review/correction being done by PP and how does it work?
​Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Guillaumelussato;35808:
​Thanks.

Hi there

First, if you have been at the property for a year and have your current supplier's statements, it's easy to get the estimate pretty close.

If that's not possible, then you can ask for a review of your direct debits at any time - and every six months Pure Planet check to see if you are on track, and if not they suggest a change. I've just had an email after my regular check.

Best wishes
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Guillaumelussato
in which case I must have misunderstood your question - sorry. The reply was predicated upon the question as I read it. Now that I re-read it I can see what you meant.
Your consumption is a variable, it won't ever be the same 2 months in a row and as it gets colder it will increase. So Your statement about not wanting to pay more than you consume would only work if you paid for exactly what you used, hence my first reply.
​As said if payments are way off track compared to usage it will be because the estimate is off track. If you're sure that the annual estimate is wrong you can, as said, ask for a review. I'd give it a few months before you decide it's wrong though, very hard to tell from just one payment.
;35808:
​Thanks.